Hey guys - just needing a few opinions.

I'm buying a new acoustic within the next month (Probably off of MusiciansFriend.com because of the 12 month finance plan) and I need help on picking out a new guitar. Just a little about me so you can hopefully pick out the best guitar for my style:

Enjoy Strumming more than I do Picking
Play a lot of power chords
I enjoy the look and feel of a cutaway guitar, but it's not nessecary
Not a fan of Alverez
Under $1000.00
Electronics - Dosen't matter either way. I'd rather pay for the sound and not the electronic board.

Any help is appreciated - thank you so much!

- Ryan
Last edited by bennettpr at Jun 17, 2006,
Seagull Seagull Seagull . I play a SEAGULL S6 cutaway and it's just great. Just play it, you'll love it. I live in Montreal so I dont know the price in the US, but it should defenitly be under your target price.Let me know if you make your move for a Seagull.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
what do you have against alvarez? just curious, lol...for $1000 you can get an Alvarez Yairi, thats all solid wood. Amazing sound....but since you don't like them?

I would look at some of the nicer Seagulls, Martin, and perhaps a Taylor. Whatever you do, make sure its all Solid woods! If not, you're wasting your 1000 bucks!

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
larrivee is around 1000. GREAT guitars.. i like the tone of larrivees the most out of any guitar i've tried (martins, taylors, taks, yams, seagulls) then again it's just my opinion
Epiphone Texan...

But that's just a LIIIIIIIITLE bit over your price budget...
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Definitly going to the local guitar shop and play the Martin D15 and a Larrivee - thanks for the suggestions so far guys!

Also - I haven't heard anything about the Babicz someone mentioned. They seem cool, has anyone given them a shot?

Thanks!
- Ryan
Quote by NineInchNails_0
Epiphone Texan...

But that's just a LIIIIIIIITLE bit over your price budget...

I would never, ever spend over $1000 on an Epiphone acoustic...not enough quality to do so.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I would look into either Martin, Taylor or larivee. I just bought a Martin d16GT for $999 and love it.