although guitars dont really come WITH distortion, you may wanna try a guitar with humbuckers instead of any single coils. a les paul for example
mmm what kind of guitar and amp do you have right now?
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

^^Dude, you don't get proper Les Pauls for $400-$500

Since you're probably a metaller if you want "lots of distortion", a B.C. Rich or a Jackson or something should suit you.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
ESP/LTD maybe? Jackson? BC Rich? Something with EMGs?

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
i was using a les paul for example of humbuckers, and besides, considering that price range, an epi lp is a good quality guitar
i picked out an ESP/LTD 7-string today. i loved it. it was an M-207 i think was the number. its used, for 330 bucks. my budget was about 700 dollars, and thats what the guy said was the original cost. mind you, i only have 320 saved up, so it worked out perfectly. Now i just need a new amp . The toneblaster is pretty good, but may not cut it.

back to the subject, my Epiphone Les Paul is pretty good. You might want to get different pickups for it, though. I still have the stock ones, they arent too bad.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Yeah, sorry that was a bit picky of me, I just thought I'd mention it so that he didn't walk into a guitar shop expecting to pay $400 for a Gibson Les Paul, Lol.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Well, you could easily get a brand new jackson dk2 (not the 2006 model) with duncan designed SSH pickups on ebay for around $320 including shipping.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Yeah, sorry that was a bit picky of me, I just thought I'd mention it so that he didn't walk into a guitar shop expecting to pay $400 for a Gibson Les Paul, Lol.

Don't I wish.. I'd have a wall full of them

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
epiphone sells that half black, half white flying V for like 400. Fairly sure that it has humbuckers too.
Fender American Strat
Squire Tele
Ovation CC057 Celebrity
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Über Metal
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Dunlop Fuzz Face