Anyone here have a Dunlop Crybaby wah pedal? i'd like to get one kuz my Digitech RP300A doesnt get quite the wah tone im looking for. Any opinions on which Crybaby? I'd use it for Metallica, Hendrix, GnR, Velvet Revolver, Zeppelin, etc.

also, just out of curiosity, has anyone tried the Slash wah?? I've wanted to try one but no shops around me have it. I know its ridiculously expensive but its it any good?

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Get an expensive Jim Dunlop wah, like a 535Q, not the standard GCB 95 (which is what I have, unfortunately) and is only any use for clean tones, in my opinion, whereas the 535Q has a knob that you can turn to get lots of different tones.

Oh, and Hendrix used a GCB 95 in his early days then switched to a Vox Clyde McCoy wah, Slash uses a Crybaby though I don't know anything more specific than that, and I'm not too sure about the others.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
i got th ehendrix wah an di love it it has so much more sweep than the other wahs out there.sounds almost identical to a vintage one my dad has.

btw i never knew their was a slash wah.
GCB95 (Original Crybaby) = only get it if you plan on modding it extensively
GCB95F (Classic Crybaby) = good
535Q = good
Dimabage = good
Zakk Wylde = its prettymuch the same as the GCB95F with 1 or 2 components values changed, overpriced because of this
Hendrix = good
Slash = I'd say way overpriced, in that pricerange you'd allready be looking at Fulltones, Teeses, Buddahs, etc... anyway

Quote by Strat_Monkey

Oh, and Hendrix used a GCB 95 in his early days then switched to a Vox Clyde McCoy wah, Slash uses a Crybaby though I don't know anything more specific than that, and I'm not too sure about the others.

the parts they used have changed A LOT over the past 40 years the internal workings for most of the Dunlop and Vox wahs are prettymuch the same, just bells and whistles added onto the Dunlops (buffers, controllable parameters, boosts....)

Dunlop first started building wahs as Vox's American distributer of sorts

Slash uses the $500 Dunlop custom rackmount wah thing with the multiple controllers but with his new sig. pedal things seem to have changed. I think I also spotted him using something else in some video.
Last edited by seljer at Jun 17, 2006,
Quote by StratMonkey
Get an expensive Jim Dunlop wah, like a 535Q, not the standard GCB 95 (which is what I have, unfortunately) and is only any use for clean tones, in my opinion, whereas the 535Q has a knob that you can turn to get lots of different tones.

Yeah i thought that one would be good

and i didnt mean the wah slash uses, i meant the slash signature wah.. no bigge though

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Last edited by ScreaminBlues25 at Jun 17, 2006,
I have the Original CryBaby (GCB950). It is a very good wah pedal, but I like the Zakk Wylde Wah better because of the extra bottom tone to it.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
That looks... way too complicated for me! What mods have you done to it?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
My 535q is amazing. I can get anything from a good funky tone to a streight-up wah for that GnR stuff.
Fender American Strat
Squire Tele
Ovation CC057 Celebrity
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Über Metal
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Dunlop Fuzz Face
the vox ****s all over the crybaby
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by Strat_Monkey
That looks... way too complicated for me! What mods have you done to it?

adjustable voicing, adjustable sweep, adjustable mid and bass gain, volume pedal/wah pedal toggle switch, and I added a red Fasel inductor.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

btw i never knew their was a slash wah.

yeah dunlop made him a signature Wah. its got built in distortion. it looks like it would be a damn awesome wah, but its ridiculously expensive, something like 180 bucks.. might be worth it though, idk ive never tried one

Quote by richwatkinson