hey i have a marshal mg250dhxw/e the letters are...anyway...i was pretty happy with it besides all the bad attention it gets on UG...but like today the overdrive got ****ed up i think...the volume is all weird...wen its clean the volume is fine but wen i put it on overdrive the volume is all like gone...so should i trade it in for a new amp or get it checked out? i still have my warrenty so i dont have to worry about tat...i play punk, rock, hardcore, nd some metal...
Thats how the amp is, it dies out. Thats why it's known for its horrible reliability. Also I dont think you can overdrive a solid state amp, what are you putting into over drive, chips?
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
um well i dunno if its overdrive...its tat little button tat gives me distortion lol...
in my logic, if your happy with it, why change. Everyone here will say go and get a real amp n00b but as i already said, my philosophy has always been play with what sounds good to you not what sounds good to someone else. If you still have the warranty then there isn't any harm in getting it cheked out anyway.
Check outother amps that are the same to see if they do the same.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
If you're happy with it, go and get it fixed.

But this type of thing happens a lot with MG's apparently.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30