I can do pinch harmonics everywhere except the LOW E string. What could I be doing wrong?
i think theyre just harder to hear on low E.. thats what it is for me anyway
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Yeah it's a lower sound obviously, in some cases depending on your pickups or amp settings, it won't shine through as much. If you put up your gain a bit you might be able to hear it better.
maybe on the other strings you use the next lowest string to restrict your thumb from going down too far and muting the string.. and on the low E you don't have this guide. Or maybe it's how all your stuff is set up.
i pinch perfectly fine on the low e string as well... it just takes a little different technique to do
Just work on it. I used to have the same trouble, but I just kept trying. Now I can do Pinch Harmonics anywhere, no problem.
I can do pinch anywhere but low E

maybe its my ****ty ibanez...i hear it a bit just doesnt come out loL I hear a small feint harmonic that doesnt really come out T_T
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones
I can do pinch harmonic on every string except for the HIGH E, it harder for me cause the tension is higher and i don't have a reference to stop the thumb so i mute the string.
Quote by invisible_man
Jazz stubby is where it's at.

RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
The low e has to be pinched in a slightly different place, a little closer to the neck I find. That and just.. barrel at it and hit it hard (I tend to not use much distortion on a tube amp, but smash the strings to produce it, great for working up strength for doing pinch harmonics anywhere, any time.)
Quote by TimmyPage06
The low e has to be pinched in a slightly different place, a little closer to the neck I find. That and just.. barrel at it and hit it hard (I tend to not use much distortion on a tube amp, but smash the strings to produce it, great for working up strength for doing pinch harmonics anywhere, any time.)

really? i find i have to pinch mine closer to the bridge on my LP and my Fender

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by invisible_man
Jazz stubby is where it's at.

I use the Heavys, so why are Stubby's better?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Quote by PunishedOne
I use the Heavys, so why are Stubby's better?

I use stubbys as well, im not quite sure the difference since ive never used heavies, but i can tell you stubbys are some of the best shredding picks around. 3 mm thick, very small for less picking space and less room for errors between strings, easier to move around for tapping, and just downright comfortable once you get use to them. I could never go back to regular size picks.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
if you have a 7 string guitar. and if you act the low e as a A string, it will work..... well it dpeends if you dont have ur distortion on and ur bridge pickup depends if your pups are hot....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
I can pinch most easily on the Low E. If you're aiming for Zakk Wylde style harmonics, then he holds it at the third fret and the harmonic node is, let's say above the middle pickup on a strat-type guitar. The result is a harmonic of the pitch D. Works everytime for me.