Poll: Schecter or Gibson?
Poll Options
View poll results: Schecter or Gibson?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
44 58%
Gibson Les Paul Studio
32 42%
Voters: 76.
okay, so i have been researching my next guitar i want to purchase within the next few years (it'll take awile b/c i have to save money and pay for it myself). Gibson or Schecter? i really want a gibson les paul studio, but recently i have been interested in the schecter Hellraiser C-7 or the C-1 FR. i know they are both two different types of guitars with their own characteristics, but i was wondering which one you think is better. they are both around the same price range, though i think the Gibson is a little more expensive. what do you guys think are the pros and cons of each guitar and which would be more worth the money? i also want to take into consideration which would produce the best sound for the type of music i play(rock, metal). thanks for all your help!

p.s. i'll try to post a picture of both later!
archangel666

Gear:
schecter synyster gates custom
ibanez s-series
fender strat
fender acoustic
next guitar: schecter c-1 hellraiser (black)
I recently bought a Schecter C-1 E/A a week ago and I love it! I can't speak for Gibson because i've never played one but I know Schecter is a great brand and that Gibsons are overpriced and overrated.
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Schecter, price for quality, gibson is overpriced and overrated like the other guy said. And the schecter will be more versatile.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
ya^, but both are good even though some people say that studios arent very good, they still have the same wood as standards though except that the maple isnt figured on the studio, anyways it really depends on if you want the FR and it will be easier to solo on the schecter, gibson would be better for rhythm though, they are both good guitars though, the schecter with a change of pups would probably be better than the stock studio though
how can you even compare those two guitars?
on one hand you've got a metal emg equipped axe with two emgs and on the other hand you've got the les paul studio which is about as different as you can get apart from body material
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Pickups can easily be changed, the issue here is really the playbility. And personally, the schecter will be much better for playing a wide range of styles.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
I dont like Studios at all, and yes I've played one, just what I think if ur gonna get a gibson I wouldnt get the Studio, but u wont be dissappointed with a Schecter! That would be ur best choice (the Schecter).
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by Teleprompters
that wasnt redundant at all and pickups can be changed very easily, just the playability and FR make the difference

exactly, and quite personally, im not a big fan of locking tremolos so i had to go with the gibson.

I have an explorer studio and i must say, it was built really well, i have had no problems yet. They did go really thin on the paint but i'm not complaining about it. I dunno if i got a good one out of a bunch of bad ones but if all studios are similar in quality, i don't see how people can bash it.

What type of music do you intend on playing?

If your going for more of a metal tone and want the ability to do stuff with a tremolo def. get the schecter

If you want an all around versatile guitar, and most comfortable neck IMO, get the gibson.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Teleprompters
that wasnt redundant at all and pickups can be changed very easily, just the playability and FR make the difference

thus making the battery routing redundant?
lol
Edit: and personally i quite like emgs im just stating that the guitar is more geared to metal...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Last edited by ScottishAngus at Jun 18, 2006,
ok The C-1 Fr is gonna be suited for metal thats basically it if you get a EMG 60 in the neck you can get geood cleans but you wont get good cleans with the85 in the neck.

The Gibson is a much more versatile guitar and IMO (i have big hands) much more comfortable neck. Yes the Gibson Quality has not been amazing recently but they are still very good guitars.

I would shoose the studio over the Schecter but thats my opinion why dont you go play them and see what you like
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I'd take a Gibbo over a schecter too, but that's mostly personal preference, and also assumes you have the wit to try several out to make sure you don't get a lemon...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I'd take a Gibbo over a schecter too, but that's mostly personal preference, and also assumes you have the wit to try several out to make sure you don't get a lemon...

including the coveted japanese schecters. i think that there is no-one on this board that owns a japanese schecter
Quote by namman05
Pickups can easily be changed, the issue here is really the playbility. And personally, the schecter will be much better for playing a wide range of styles.

yah if you want/have enough money for the pickups. Your statement deserves a beer for its correctness.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
including the coveted japanese schecters. i think that there is no-one on this board that owns a japanese schecter

ah, i meant the korean ones (which are the ones he was talking about).

there were japanese ones? i thought the only schecters were the korean ones, and the custom shop ones (american)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well nope the sad thing is that Schecter are so reknowned for their diamond series models (which is the one that you can pick-up from gc) that many schecter owners dont even realize that their is such a thing as Japanese Schecters
while i don't know anything about the japanese schecters these guys are talking about or whatever i can tell you i have an avenger hellraiser and there is no guitar i would trade it for. but can someone PM me info about where i can info on these asian schecters, i consider myself a diehard schecter fan and feel that i should now about these.
Quote by Syn Harvest

The Gibson is a much more versatile guitar and IMO (i have big hands) much more comfortable neck. Yes the Gibson Quality has not been amazing recently but they are still very good guitars.

I have small hands and i agree...the necks on gibsons, 60's slim taper, are the most comfortable necks ever.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by SynGates7X
while i don't know anything about the japanese schecters these guys are talking about or whatever i can tell you i have an avenger hellraiser and there is no guitar i would trade it for. but can someone PM me info about where i can info on these asian schecters, i consider myself a diehard schecter fan and feel that i should now about these.

1. good luck trying on getting one
2. haha diehard schecter fan do you know anything about the revenger guitars that are being released my point exactly you aint one sorry to burst your bubble
Quote by azn_guitarist25
well nope the sad thing is that Schecter are so reknowned for their diamond series models (which is the one that you can pick-up from gc) that many schecter owners dont even realize that their is such a thing as Japanese Schecters

got a link or something, azn?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
1. good luck trying on getting one
2. haha diehard schecter fan do you know anything about the revenger guitars that are being released my point exactly you aint one sorry to burst your bubble

i prefer the A-venger to the Re-venger because i don't like seven strings, and please tell me you posted this before we had the whole argument. and to the guy above me he gave me the link, it's
http://www.schecter.co.jp/face.html
Go get your shovel.
ok trying to get the thread back on topic. Threadstarter, if what your playing is more geared to metal, the C-1 Hellraiser is going to destroy any Gibson, simply because that's what it was designed for (the EMG '85 in the neck tells me that). For a more classic styled rock, the Gibson will be better because of the ability to play clean. Personally, I don't like the LP Studio, while I do like the Hellraiser. But I'm geared far towards metal.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by azn_guitarist25

I have a used MIJ Schecter S-ST, Ash body, maple/maple neck. I love Strat-style guitars, specially the MIJs.
Quote by Ippon
I have a used MIJ Schecter S-ST, Ash body, maple/maple neck. I love Strat-style guitars, specially the MIJs.

nice im trying to get a us model
hey! i just wanted to say thanks to everyone so far. you guys have been a great help. one of my problems about the two guitars IS that they ARE so different in many different ways. i don't mind playing either of the guitars are geared towards. i am definantly going to have to play them and see which one feels better, though they both seem great. so far, i think i am leaning more towards the schecter and that metal style. anyways, THANKS
archangel666

Gear:
schecter synyster gates custom
ibanez s-series
fender strat
fender acoustic
next guitar: schecter c-1 hellraiser (black)