My band is interested in purchasing a Behringer UB1202 mixing board, with the specs of:
# Ultra low-noise ULN design, highest possible headroom, ultra-transparent audio
# 4 new state-of-the-art, studio-grade IMP ?Invisible? Mic Preamps with:
- 130 dB dynamic range for 24-bit, 192 kHz sampling rate inputs
- Ultra-wide 60 dB gain range
- Lowest possible distortion 0.0007% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
# Effective, extremely musical 3-band EQ plus switchable low-cut filter on all mono channels
# 12 balanced high-headroom line inputs with +4/-10 level selection on all stereo channels
# State-of-the-art 4580 operational amplifiers provide lowest noise and distortion?better than 4560 op amps
# 1 post fader FX send per channel for external FX devices
# Peak LEDs on all mono channels
# Main mix outputs plus separate control room, headphones and stereo tape outputs
# Tape inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
# FX to control room function helps to monitor effect signal via headphones and control room outputs
# Switchable +48 V phantom power for condenser microphones
# Long-wearing 60 mm logarithmic-taper master fader and sealed rotary controls
# External power supply for noise-free audio and superior transient response
# Extremely rugged steel construction ensures long life even under the most demanding conditions

Me, being not so great at deciphering what all the technical mumbo jumbo means, am wondering a few things:
1. Would this board be compatible for 6-7 inputs, 3 of which would be special brass mic's, 2 of which would be standard guitar and bass inputs, maybe 1 or 2 drum inputs, as well as vocals?
2. Would we be able to continue using what i believe is a 60 watt guitar amp as well as 2 15 watt guitar and bass amps to use for our monitors, instead of purchasing pa monitors?
3. With this mixer, besides mixing for live sound, could we also use it parallel with a computer with the right recordign software so that we can record multi-layer tracks, 1 layer for every input? Also, with using the computer, would we be able to still listen live, or would we have to record and then listen back to what we recorded?

Thanks,
-RCT2head
when they come for me, i'll be sitting at my desk, with a gun in my hand, wearin a bullet-proof vest, singin: "my my my how the time does fly, when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night"
1. Uhh, the specs don't seem to specify how many inputs it has. Too lazy to look up the product.

2. If you use anything but a good PA monitor, it's doubtful you'll get a good reproduction of what you really sound like. A 15 watt amp used for a PA will have terrible headroom, and is not practical at all, because if you're only using it at a volume where the sound will not break up and sound nasty, you probably don't need a PA anyways. 60 watts would be easier to work with, but the level of volume you can turn up SS amps is not high, because at a certain point, it will just sound nasty and muddy.

3. You can use the mixer and the computer to record. I don't understand the second part of the question.
thanks...
well the last part was to see if the inputs to the computer would multi-layer the tracks, with individual inputs tracked in different sections of the song, so that in the software we could go back and tweak an individual input instead of the entire song at once?
when they come for me, i'll be sitting at my desk, with a gun in my hand, wearin a bullet-proof vest, singin: "my my my how the time does fly, when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night"