the input jack on my sg special is getting kind of loose (the cord has to be positioned a certain way to get full output)

how can I fix this?
Yeah, just tighten the nut. If it's too loose, take it to a guitar place. They will help immensely as they have the right tools.
Probaboly the jack is loose or the jack socket has crack or something. It happend to my friend's guitar too.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
alright... now I'm worryed because the nut is/was tightened all the way... keep in mind SG's have a fairly different setup:

that happened to me, and it turned out the arm that holds the cable in on the jack was loose as hell, and it snapped off

i dunno yours might be different though
"All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar."

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

"I don't fucking eat donuts"
access the jack thru the back if u can. u need to hold the jack and the nut on the inside and the outside of the guitar, or ull run the risk of spinning the jack and snapping off the wires.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 18, 2006,
jj1565 knows what shes talking about
"All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar."

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

"I don't fucking eat donuts"