Well...now that ive posted a fourm...im not too sure if i want one of those guitars, so ill see what you guys think. Just hit me with a comment on what you think i need. I play mostly metal like, Avenged sevenfold, marylin manson, atreyu, slipknot, bands like that. Ill play my new guitar through a Marshall Cd10 or a Carvin stack. So ill leave it to you guys to tell me what you think i need. My budget ranges anywhere from about $800 and lower. I would like something with active EMG's, but thats just a preference, not a necessity. A Floyd Rose would also be very nice. Im not a total guitar freak, so i really dont know which kind of body shape, and body material is the best, so i dont know about either of those. Most of the guitars ive seen, that ive wanted are: strat body style, and mohogany (i think). I think that covers everything.
Last edited by Gasso at Jun 19, 2006,
get a jackson of some sort
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

First off,

UPGRADE THAT MG NOW!

What's your budget?

Do you shred?

Trem or no trem?

Wood preference?

Body shape preference?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Yeah that mg has to go.
Main 4 metal brands that immediately come to mind: Jackson, Ibanez, ESP, and schecter
but PunishedOne's questions help too.
Quote by kurt_cobain9
get a jackson of some sort

I would have to dissagree... Jackson's suck now that they were bought by FENDER... witch is really not that great of a company(yngwie malmsteen rocks though), but if you do get a Jackson, They are good if they were NOT with Fender or a custom shop model... witch is like around 4 grand so yeah...
Quote by alexilaihocob
I would have to dissagree... Jackson's suck now that they were bought by FENDER... witch is really not that great of a company(yngwie malmsteen rocks though), but if you do get a Jackson, They are good if they were NOT with Fender or a custom shop model... witch is like around 4 grand so yeah...

Okay, your an idiot

Whats your price range...

That carvin stack is sounding real nice...
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Okay, your an idiot

That carvin stack is sounding real nice...

+1
on that guy is an idiot, and we need a price range.

PS: None of the bands you listed were metal... just so you know.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Everyone loves Carvin!

I have this guitar and this amp!

Quote by Striketalonx
None of the bands you listed were metal
This is true, but don't start with that.
Quote by Striketalonx

PS: None of the bands you listed were metal... just so you know.

Except for Atreyu. They could be classified as metal.
^No. emocore at best. All those bands are a disgrace to distortion.

Anyway, until you come in here and tell us your price range, I'm gonna assume you have $5000 to spend, so go get an ESP Alexi Laiho and a Carvin Legacy fullstack.
Anyway, until you come in here and tell us your price range, I'm gonna assume you have $5000 to spend, so go get an ESP Alexi Laiho and a Carvin Legacy fullstack.

Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by Striketalonx
we need a price range.

Quote by PunishedOne
What's your budget?

Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by Danno13
^No. emocore at best. All those bands are a disgrace to distortion.

dude are you guys blind? he said $800 or lower right at the end of his post. i dont think he could have made it any clearer.

Check out the Jackson Dinky series, ive heard good things about them on UG. My friend has one and it shreds.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-with-Flame-Fingerboard?sku=511509

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Last edited by ScreaminBlues25 at Jun 18, 2006,
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
dude are you guys blind? he said $800 or lower right at the end of his post. i dont think he could have made it any clearer.

Check out the Jackson Dinky series, ive heard good things about them on UG. My friend has one and it shreds.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-with-Flame-Fingerboard?sku=511509

He edited ya gob****e.
Quote by Danno13
^No fair, he edited, man!

my bad

and Tarzan_man, wtf is a gob****e

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Um.. OK?

Quote by richwatkinson
Quote by alexilaihocob
I would have to dissagree... Jackson's suck now that they were bought by FENDER

they've been exactly the same after fender bought them... hell the distribution got better...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by PunishedOne

Trem or no trem?

Wood preference?

Body shape preference?

To threadstarter: We DO need this info if you really want us to help you..

Oh, and pickup preference might help (EMGs/SD/stock/etc.)