Hey, I was at my local music store the other day, and the manager was telling me he is trying to move some Marshall amps, and he could get me a deal on one. The cheapest(I'm a poor jobless teen) was this one. He said he could get it to me for $399(yes USD!) I like to play classic rock, and I don't need any heavy distortion. Right now I'm playing on a Squier strat, but I plan on moving onto something better soon(as soon as I get a job, lol).

Basically, is this a good deal? and is this a good amp for me?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
its a good price for that amp, but i have heard bad things about this particular series. do a little research on it before deciding, and also play thru it at the store.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
The MG, is the 1st amp I ever got, it is an okay amp for a begginer. But once I learned really how to play the guitar it was crappy. It is nice to have the effects there, but seeing that you are going to get a new guitar(when you getta job) I would recomend saving up money for a better amp. For something cheap and good quailty I would look at Peavey amps. Just play all the amps you can, to find THE ONE. But if you can't wait/save money, for this amp go for it. In the end it is your money and your call, and you'll have to live with it.

Good Luck
Nope. Any Marshall MG over like $200 isnt worth getting. You can get an amp with much better tone and reliability for the same price. Check out the Vox Valvetronix series if you want the same built in effects, but with better tone and reliability than the marshall MG.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
With $400 you could buy a nice used tube combo.
PS Go back to the store and tell him you'ld perfer a tube amp instead of trying to rip you off of your money then say [="Fez Voice"]Good Day Sir, I said good day[/Voice]
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
The manager's taking you for a dumbass, for that price you can buy a decent used valve combo.

Ooo yea.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Go and kick the manager in the balls for trying to pull a fast one on you. You know thte Ug gear heads have your back when it comes to people trying to sell you bad quality gear.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
God no.

The MGs are awful amps...you'd be better off plugging your guitar into a box full of bees. (Oh wait, I think MGs ARE boxes of bees...)

You don't really need a 100 watt amp anyway, do you?

Get yourself a used Fender tube combo, or maybe something like a Peavey Classic 30.

Or you could get a Vox AD15VT or AD30VT new for about $190 and $240 respectively; while they would be well-suited to what you want to play, they aren't all tube and don't sound as great as a good used tube combo.