Hey my friend drew on his guitar like all graffiti(sp?) so i decided i would do that but im just wondereing what type of marker should I use?
Posted by:forty-six_and_2
I molested a spider once...

Does anyone need tips on molesting a spider? PM me!I'll give advice on how to get the most pleasure out of it, Forty's Spider Molestation classes are now open!
dont just copy it... make it your own... and make it look better by using nail polish (its the closest thing to lacquer witout going to luthier suplier)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
i didint meen by doing it too by copying him but anyways Nail Polish??? seriously? ok thanks tho and quick question wont that kinda wreck the guitar??
I molested a spider once...

Does anyone need tips on molesting a spider? PM me!I'll give advice on how to get the most pleasure out of it, Forty's Spider Molestation classes are now open!
hey man, don't get all defensive just b/c it's nail polish...
that's what hendrix used whenever he painted up his flying v, and i'm pretty sure clapton painted his SG with it, and george harrison painted his strat with it as well.
it wont wreck the guitar like slash hammett said hendrix used it on his v... but anyway it doesnt wreck the guitar but it does slighty change the tone
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Eric didnt paint his guitar, someone (I think Harrison) gave it to him after it was painted by these four painters (i think welsh or something) known as the Fool.

Its with Tempera or Acrylic paint i belive.

Nailpolish should work though.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
nail polish basically is acrylics, and it does work. but even using markers shodu lwork, just be sure to seal up your masterpeice iwht a clearcoat when your done so it doesn't come off.
you could get acrilic markers, but at 30 bucks a pop i wouldn't
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Quote by t heff
you could get acrilic markers, but at 30 bucks a pop i wouldn't

true... but when i used my girl friends nail polish, ( haha i know ) i got better results on a past project before...
Can you just apply the stuff over the factory finish?

How will it affect the clear coat if you go to chip it off later?

What kind of stuff would you put over it to protect it from chipping off?
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
what I woudl do is scuff hte body wiht 220 put on your graphic and clear over it again.