I watched a John Lee Hooker DVD today and it made me wonder, was he blind? In many of his performances he wears those big blind guy glasses and he played at an event called "Blues Against Blindness." What really made me wonder was that when he played the "Blues Against Blindess" concert he said "I can't see you..." (I couldn't understand the rest of the sentence) while talking to the audience.

I've never heard anything about him being blind and Wikipedia has no reference of it. The only place I would expect to find a correct biography would be on his official website, but it is down.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I've thought he was, I am not quite sure though. I watched a special on HBO, I think, about him. I always saw him in those glasses too. I don't know though.
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I don't think he is. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I don't have much confidence in you because you he isn't blind in present tenths, but he's been dead for five years.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
I don't have much confidence in you because you he isn't blind in present tenths, but he's been dead for five years.

Damn I suck.

I don't think he was blind. And I base this on the fact that Wikipedia said he moved to mississippi to work in industry or something along those lines, and we all know how accurate wikipedia is, right?

P.s. Boogie Chillen is sweet.
Well he definatley wasn't blind in his early life, but couldn't he have gone blind?

Edit: Boom Boom is sweeter
He might not have been completely blind, which maybe why there is no reference to it anywhere
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Im pretty sure he wasnt, i read an autobiography and it didnt mention it.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Last edited by fronkpies at Jun 18, 2006,
Quote by RunRabbitRun
go to wikipedia, it'll probably tell you

Didn't read the original post I see.

Well by the look of it he wasn't blind. The DVD that made me think this was caled Come See About Me. If you see it, buy it, it's amazing. He plays with Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stone, Ry Cooder and a bunch of other guys that are big names which I can't remember. You'll see what lead me to think he was blind.
guess i didn't notice it, how careless of me.
(\__/)
( >.<
(")__(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
I helped the bunny you should too.