ok, so i got a new 30 watt vox ad30vt two days ago, and i got it because i liked the amp models and effects, and the sales person said it has an ab(?) configuration and is a semi-tube amp or something like that and it has a tube, but evertime it says tube in the manual it says "like a 'real' tube amp" and i wanted to know, what does that mean?
Quote by unplugtheradio
sometimes people sig me, dont tell me, and i see it later. its a weird feeling.

he's bulletproof

Quote by IbanezPlayer27
There's Black Amish People that use computer's
Just 'cause it's not all tube doesn't mean it sux though...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
oh i get it so the tone is tube but it is only as loud as a 30 watt solid state thanks
Quote by unplugtheradio
sometimes people sig me, dont tell me, and i see it later. its a weird feeling.

he's bulletproof

Quote by IbanezPlayer27
There's Black Amish People that use computer's
Not really....the tone tries to minic a tube one.....but in all honesty, it doesn't get close at all. It's a good amp, definitely, but nothing compared to a real tube amp. From my experiences, I hear no "tube tone" in hybrids....I think it's just a marketing gimic to get people who can't afford full tube amps to get the "next best thing".....a hybrid.
off subject: but ibanez4life SZ! your set up is awsome. the band sounds good too.

^^^^i know if u have room ill prolly b sigged...lol
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
thats kewl...i kinda fig that nehow. ur gear is so much cooler than mine....plain simple JMC900 and a squire double fat strat...lol
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
It is a hybrid....it has a single preamp valve in the preamp, but the power amp section is Solid state. A real (all) tube amp would have an all tube preamp and all tube power amp.

^And rectifier.

Yeah, like 95% of tube amps aren't true tube amps anymore. I just like being obnoxiously picky.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yup. The Preamp is actually solid state. The signal then goes into a small power amp that is like 1 watt or soemthing. The tube is in there. Then it goes to the solid state power amp. Something weird like that. They aren't designed like normal hybrids with teh tube in the preamp.
yeah, it's supposed to have "power-tube emulation" or something, so when you crank up the master volume it "overdrives". Works well with the nifty wattage control in the back.

PS.
And a real ALL tube amp would even technically have a tube rectifier as well.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.