This is going to be my first guitar, so I'm relying on your knowledge to help me out. I like both guitars, and I'm into Classic Rock. (I don't know if that effects what guitar I should get or not)

Which is better? Ibanez IJS40 or Les Paul Special II
Yeah, man.
Last edited by g4cytheclown at Jun 18, 2006,
you'll have 2 dual coil humbuckers on the les paul, so it would be more akin to the classic rock sound, classic rock as in, thin lizzy and what not?
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
The ibanez will be more versatile and will have a thinner neck. The LP Special might be a bit more solid in construction. It's alright, but there's better for that price.

Here's somethign you might like to know: since you're getting guitar and amp packs, I must warn you that beginner's Ibanez and Epiphone amps SUCK.
I take it your budget is 200-300. According to what i've heard, agile's are great guitars for beginner budgets

Here's some links:

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2000te.html 200 bucks

http://www.rondomusic.net/ps970floyd.html 280 bucks

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500blkfloydrose.html 280 bucks

I've never played an agile though, so im going strictly by what i've heard about them. So, for all i know, they're crap. But most of the people who've talked of them, have said they're good for the price paid.
the lp special is not actually "solid" in construction. higher end epis are.

the ibanez isnt a bad pack. u have the humbucker in the bridge if u want a heavier sound. and can still switch to the singles if u want to change it up.

the problem with the packs are usually the amp.

if u want to forget about the packs a minute, and give a budget maybe we can get u into something that will sound a little better for u.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Zeds.Ded
you'll have 2 dual coil humbuckers on the les paul, so it would be more akin to the classic rock sound, classic rock as in, thin lizzy and what not?

wtf is that?????? anyway i would take more of a look at your amp as you could just buy a rg321mh and get a vox valvetronix
Personally I'd go for the ibanez. You seem to get a lot more for your money with it, and the pickup setup is a lot more versatile. Also, I hear the epi amps are a bit wank.
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
all starter amps are "wank".
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565

and the users are wankers. oh **** that means im a wanker
I'd recommend the Ibanez pack. I have one, the guitar is awesome (well, no. But the neck is.) and the amp is surprisingly good. The distortion is quite usable, and the EQs are amazingly powerful- much more so than on my Vox AD60.
Quote by jj1565

Some are more wank than others. Would you prefer a fender frontman 15 with gain and reverb knobs or some ****ty 10w 3" that doesn't even have overdrive?
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
hmm.. I've had the LP and it's meh at best... the Ibanez seems to come with more
Quote by jj1565
if u want to forget about the packs a minute, and give a budget maybe we can get u into something that will sound a little better for u.

I have around $220 - $300.
Yeah, man.
my 1st guitar in the 60's was $39. I'll wager to say 90% of all budding guitarists never go anywhere and drop the guitar as a hobby. Don't go crazy - start off cheap (Agile's are a great starter guitar and DO HAVE A GREAT FEEL) and see if it's really "your cup of tea"... A $159 Agile and a Roland Microcube ($125) would be a great choice. I wish RONDO MUSIC was around back in the 60's... I developed callouses that were 1/2" thick but when I graduated to better guitars I sounded better and better.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
first off start out with a micro cube. $125. its a great tone, is alot louder than u think, very reliable, portable and has usable effects.

it will last u until ur ready for an amp u can gig with.

this will leave u with just under $200.
for $200, u can pick up a yamaha pacifica 112J. its made of alder, has the versatility of humbucker in the bridge and is usually a guitar world top pick for best starter guitars.

in addition, u would need a guitar cable (try to get them to thow it in for free.)

and a guitar tuner $19 for a korg chromatic tuner. (the ones in the starter packs arent chromatic, so its hard to drop tune. plus this one will last u for years.

total is about $345. if there is no way u can spend the extra $45, then u can check out a few other guitars around $160

there's a washburn made of alder not too bad. x25 i think is the model.
dean makes a $99 evo xm, made of basswood, thats not too bad.
and ibanez makes a gx series, fixed bridge, u can probably afford.

ill look those up, see what else i can find.

http://www.music123.com/Electric-Guitars-q1d136.music?N=4294967168%207126%2011455%208949&

thats a list of guitars between $100-200. pick a few and we can help u decide between those as far as quality goes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 18, 2006,
Here's the guitar I want. It's sexy as hell, but I'm not sure of the quality. I can get an amp from my friend. Here. What do you guys think?
Yeah, man.
its a starter guitar. no worse than any other starter.

alot of guys that get under the 3000 model agile, end up wishing they had the better model. but thats true of most low end guitars.

if u decide u want that one then go for it.
but i still want to impress upon u, that even the best guitar sounds like crap thru a bad amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62