I'm finally started to jam a lot more with a band (yay!!) and I'm a bit worried about my Engl combo getting wrecked. How sturdy are valve amps are they prone to breaking?

It's not getting tossed around just jolted a bit in mine and other peoples cars.

Worried little me.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Just like anything, different amps will have varying degrees of sturdiness. They're not usually as sturdy as solid state amps, but if you take care of it you won't have a problem.

In other words, when you're driving and it's in the car... SLOW DOWN!
could you strap it in or something (seatbelts!)? put pillows or something soft round it? that's what I'd do if I were gigging...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by J Dub
Just like anything, different amps will have varying degrees of sturdiness. They're not usually as sturdy as solid state amps, but if you take care of it you won't have a problem.

In other words, when you're driving and it's in the car... SLOW DOWN!

You should of seen me earlier I was driving like an old women with cataract eyes.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
yeah, as long as you dont drive like a maniac shortly escaped from prison it should be fine.

Nice chilis poster by the way
if a fender hot rod deluxe can survive in a bus without being tied down i think an engl will be perfectly fine unless you toss it outside the window
Quote by Dave_Mc
could you strap it in or something (seatbelts!)? put pillows or something soft round it? that's what I'd do if I were gigging...

When we were taking my ENGL home from Bristol (it's here but I'm not allowed to use it yet ) it was strapped in in the back - tested it briefly and it all works fine
Quote by thesumoftwo
yeah, as long as you dont drive like a maniac shortly escaped from prison it should be fine.

Nice chilis poster by the way

The RHCP poster is on my mates wall. Well it isn't actually there anymore it's a picture of jenna jameson now.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
^^ I was thinking that but I've got a little girls car and everything only just squeezes in anyway.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp