What I play: Thrash Metal, Classic Metal, basically any type of metal but black

Who are my main influences: Kirk Hammett (Metallica), Slash (Guns 'N' Roses), Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen)

Sound: I want a darker sounding axe instead of a brighter sounding one and I want some pretty heavy distortion (I am getting a Roland Cube 60)

Body: Any shaped body that is easy to hold, NO FLYING V's and NO EXPLORER's or anything hard to hold like that. It also has to be really light, and I already have a les paul with EMG's so I don't want a les paul shaped body.

Trem: Doesn't matter, if the guitar has a good trem I'm fine with it. But if it doesn't that's ok too.

Price Range: $300 - $1,000 USD

I don't want a Schecter Hellraiser of any kind so please don't suggest one.

These are mainly what I am stuck between but if you have any other suggestions for me please say them.

I live in USA.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Last edited by Pants99 at Jun 18, 2006,
well sorry to say but a schecter hellraiser fr would of have seem to be your best bet

edit: couldnt you spend most of your money on a tube amp and then worry about your guitar
what guitars are they though tubey
Quote by Johnljones7443
She looks like Rusty Cooley with tits.

ESP Deluxe EC-1000.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Sorry, I forgot to say this, I don't want any les paul shaped guitars and I want something really light. I just can't get the hellraiser cause it has crosses on it and I'm not christian.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Its better than the DKMG?
I know that the DKMG is made of alder and thats probably the worst thing about that, and I think that the worst thing about the RG1570 Prestige is the pickups arent the best. But I will deff try them both out and see which one I like more. I just need a few more suggestions on other guitars that fit my specs.
Seeing as that you play thrash metal i think your guitar should follow these guidelines;

1. Has at least one pickup that's a Humbucker

The best pickups for metal are:
? Seymour Duncan: Dimebucker
- Dimebag Darrell (Pantera/Damage Plan/CFH)
? EMG: Signature Series Pickups; (usually come in Sets/Pairs)
- Zakk Wylde Signature (Ozzy Osbourne/Black Label Society)
- Kerry King (Slayer)
? DiMarzio: Super Distortion

2. You might want to consider a guitar with a Floyd Rose Double-Lock Tremolo to allow for use of the Whammy Bar without Droppin' WAY-OUTTA Tune...

3. You should look at different guitar bodys base on the Following 2 guidelines;
? Weight
(Because different bodys sound different based on things like Weight)
? How Comfortable it is when you're playing it
(STAY-AWAY FROM BC RICH WARLOCKS)

4. (If it's important to you) The way the guitar looks...One of my guitars is an Original '69 Fender James Burton Pink Paisley Telecaster (NOT A RE-ISSUE) & that Axe Plays really good & it's worth Huge Money...but it's BRIGHT PINK with Gold/Baby Blue Paisley over it...that wouldn't be too cool for your image if you showed up on stage with this;
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
i would stay away from the dimebucker and instead buy a bill lawrence pickup if you want dime's sound
Why don't you try a BC.Rick?

I found one really cheap, and it sounds better then an Epeiphone lp.
Oh, that's Warlock Bronze. And trust me, I tried it on several amps, it just sounds great, real metal sound.
^ I wouldn't get a B.C. Rich if someone threatened to kill be with a rusty hacksaw and said I won't kill you if you buy a B.C. Rich.
How is alder wood body guitar bad?
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by Pants99
I just can't get the hellraiser cause it has crosses on it and I'm not christian.

..Have you even seen the inlays on it? They're not Jesus crosses, I guarantee you. That's like saying you won't type the lowercase letter "t" because it looks like a cross. That's like saying you won't take a crosswalk across the street. That's like saying you won't wear red because Santa does. It's like saying you won't go to Italy because that's where the Pope lives. You get my point.

I'm not Christian either, btw.
I like raisins
Last edited by Pants99 at Jun 19, 2006,
Quote by wind88
How is alder wood body guitar bad?

I heard alder is bad with EMG's.
Quote by Pants99
I don't care about them at all, I would get that axe if a picture of jesus was painted on it lol. It's my parents.

jeez, its not like its going to kill you. even im catholic and i dont give two ****s about what the inlays are
my friend has the Jackson ur looking at and its a damn nice guitar. Hes put a set of EMGs in it and he can play any kind of metal he wants. My vote goes to the Jackson

And don't bash on BC Rich.. the higher end models are nice guitars. If Slash can play a Mockingbird, I think it would suit anyone here just fine

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
my friend has the Jackson ur looking at and its a damn nice guitar. Hes put a set of EMGs in it and he can play any kind of metal he wants. My vote goes to the Jackson

And don't bash on BC Rich.. the higher end models are nice guitars. If Slash can play a Mockingbird, I think it would suit anyone here just fine

yeh just cos an artist uses doesnt mean its great heck that means a mg amp is great since zakk uses it for practices
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh just cos an artist uses doesnt mean its great heck that means a mg amp is great since zakk uses it for practices

exactly, it's great for practices, but not anything you'd go on stage with. If Zakk used it live, that would be a different story. In that case, my argument would go as follows: if Zakk can practice with an MG, you can practice with one too

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
also note mate that the mockingbird produced for slash probably isnt an off the shelf item and their custom shop is where the good models are but basswood for metal sure