hey, im going into a band soon and im gonna save up for a new amp. it will be my second amp, and iv been playing for almost a year. im currently on a lp100 through a crate gt15.

My budget is between $500 and $1000 AUD so around $400 - $750 US or $200 - $400GBP

id like around a 65- 100 watt amp, loudness isnt a big factor, as long as its loud enough for a band situation. probably transistor, if i get a valve, then around 30 -50 watts.

i play a wide variety of music, some blues but mostly indie/alternative/garage rock.

right now im thinking fender fm 212r because its cheap and satisfys all my wants, but i havent heard it yet, all suggestions are welcome
take a look at the Marshall AVT series, i personally think they are some of the best amps in their price range. But i will get told im wrong, even though i own one. Amp choice is a personal thing, go to a shop and just play as many as you can and then chose your favourite.
NO dont get the avt series

u can afford a tube amp so get a tube amp the peavey classic 30 would be perfect its like 1000 aus and just get an overdrive pedal for heavier tones
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
by the way i'm from melbourne
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
try to go with the peavey classic 30 instead of the marshall avt series.
+ what ever to the classic 30.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Dont go Marshall AVT. Get a Peavey Classic 30. I play indie/alt too, and thats one of the 3 thats made it onto my shortlist - along with Fender Hot Rod and Laney VC/LC
You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
i'll be lugging the amp around wherever i go, which would be the sturdiest?
id get a fender hotrod deluxe or fender blues junior.
the hotrod is 40watts, which should be plenty, since its an all tube.
the blues junior is just with lesser power, i believe. the 15watts migh not be so much, but it is actually pretty damn loud.
blues junior....probably good for blues, but is it good for a garage band situation?
^the name is kinda misleading ,its good for blues too ofc but its not actually a blues amp. its actually quite versatile amp, especially with a pedal or two
Quote by AmIEvil?
id get a fender hotrod deluxe or fender blues junior.
the hotrod is 40watts, which should be plenty, since its an all tube.
the blues junior is just with lesser power, i believe. the 15watts migh not be so much, but it is actually pretty damn loud.

too much by 200-300 aud
Quote by azn_guitarist25
too much by 200-300 aud

he said 500-1000 aud...
Quote by speddy
blues junior....probably good for blues, but is it good for a garage band situation?

yeah, i used one for practice and even a couple gigs with my old band. we played punk/hardrock/experimental stuff.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile