i just found my violin my dad bought a year ago.. never been touched.. its still like new... my question is, HOW DO I TUNE IT?? dont tell me GDAE or wat, coz i already know that... everytime i tune it the tuning peg turns by itself... it really irritates my...

sorry for posting this here but i coudlnt find any decent looking (like this one ;p) violin forum to post to
i think i remember something about having to tune violins at the bridge. i could be wrong, but thats coming to mind for some reason. why not just google "violin tuning methods" or something like that? that should get you some sites that tell you how to do it.
What you have to do is as you are turning the peg, push the peg into the violin. This usually works.
Quote by Truckzter
What you have to do is as you are turning the peg, push the peg into the violin. This usually works.

THX! this helps, abit >_< the tune really fluctuates alot a very little turn is like 3 semitones , ouch... i finally tuned my violin it is very hard... i just realised that theres a fine tuning at the bridge where i can adjust the tuning by a few cents... any violinist here??