Well, opinions people?

www.theframes.ie
http://www.myspace.com/framesmusic [Listen to Fake]
http://www.myspace.com/theframesdc

I was looking through my computer the other day and I realised I had forgot about them... again.

Such an amazing band. Glen's voice is fantastic and Colm's fiddle wankery gives them a unique sound. Glen left school at the age of 13 and went busking on Grafton Street, Dublin BTW.
On the most half songs are pretty average, but there's something special about them. They feel like home or something. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I find them an to be a very emotional band without them even trying to be.

My favourite song is Rise, definitely. Favourite albums are The Roads Outgrown EP(amazing) and For The Birds.

Plus, they openly allowed bootleging of their concerts as far as I know.
http://www.archive.org/details/TheFrames
Park West is a good gig, and the Vicar Street one was recorded straight from the soundboard by the band.

IF YOU EVER GET THE CHANCE TO SEE THEM, DO SO. I saw them last November at the Point, Christ it was amazing. Plus it was being recorded by a camera crew O_o
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
there best song is fake..there alright i wasnt impressed by there 'the roads out grown ' ep
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
How can you not be? It's the most emotional CD ever, from Glen almost crying on the cover of Mic Christopher's Listen Girl, the amazingness of Rise, the two violins on Fitzcarraldo...
I like The Frames quite a bit, I've never bothered with getting an album though. They're tickling my fancy today more than usual for some reason, though. I may have to go for an album sometime.
Get For The Birds if you can, but since you're in America Burn The Maps would be easier to get(not as good but still has some brilliant songs on it)
Last edited by Glen_Hansard at Jun 27, 2006,
I found them in an issue of Rolling Stone along with I Am Kloot and a couple other bands. Downloaded some of their stuff for sampling purposes. Like it.
Hi, I'm Peter

Quote by www.theframes.ie
We're delighted to announce that the first single from the forthcoming album will be a double A-side featuring 'Falling Slowly' and 'No More I Love Yous'. It's due out on 01 september 2006. The as-yet untitled album will follow on 22 september.

Another version of Falling Slowly is on The Swell Season, and they've been playing it live(amazing, it t'is)
Last edited by Glen_Hansard at Aug 7, 2006,
I need to get a Frames album - I like the stuff I have heard so far (I have a version of 'Star, Star' where they goto into a song from Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory). Plus I saw their violinist once
It's strange to think he began in the Commitments
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
^Set List(a live album) would be good to start on, or maybe Fitzcarraldo or For The Birds.
Quote by Glen_Hansard
^Set List(a live album) would be good to start on, or maybe Fitzcarraldo or For The Birds.

I'll give the live one a shot - I find that the band seem to have a really close connection to the fans. I remember watching some RTE showcase of them were they preformed in a hall with the audience surrounding them and the connection between the frames and the fans was great.
^I saw that gig on RTE during the first few hours of 2005. When Glen tells stories, it doesn't feel like he is telling it to a crowd, he's telling it to some friends. You can hear that on Set List, like with the story of D-For before What Happens With The Heart Just Stops. At the Point gig I was at, as soon as Glen said "This is called What Happens When The Heart Just Stops, and there's a story to go with it", the whole auidence just started shouting "D FOR D FOR D FOR D FOR D FOR D FOR D FOR D FOR" for ages, t'was brilliant.
Well, this should please Glen_Hansard - I have tickets to see the frames on the 2nd October in the Ulster Hall....I am looking forward to it and hopefully it will be a good show.