I've been thinking about getting a wireless lead for my guitar since at the last gig I played at I found myself almost unable to move because of the leads I was using. Can anyone recommend a good make or, if there's any big reason not to get one, let me know about it?
Thanks.
by word of mouth, I've heard Sennheiser is a brand you should check out. I have no further experience in this matter though.
wireless is hard to do right for cheap. if you want a good one it's gonna cost you at least $200 before you get into a reliable, non-crappy range of products.

the lower end ones break and die and sputter and crackle and generally make your sound bad.

your best bet is just to get longer cables til you've got the cash for a nice high end wireless
Quote by goodbydresden
Why dont many pros use wireless ? If thats anything to go by just dont get one

actually most pros do. Except one of similair quality wid sting u big time. Longer higher quality cables are ur best bet
You have to pay a lot to get a good one. You could get a longer cable, or two cables with one of those cable joiners.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
get a shure, i have one its easy to use, perfect quality, doesnt crack or anything, ive actually played outside 2 city blocks away and still got clean reception (through a brick garage too), it started to give out a little further after that. The model i got is the pgx4 has 90 channels to go on and works perfect for me. Not cheap tho, i got agood deal for it at about 290 but i think its about 400 something.
Quote by OrderedChaos
get a shure, i have one its easy to use, perfect quality, doesnt crack or anything, ive actually played outside 2 city blocks away and still got clean reception (through a brick garage too), it started to give out a little further after that. The model i got is the pgx4 has 90 channels to go on and works perfect for me. Not cheap tho, i got agood deal for it at about 290 but i think its about 400 something.

How would you hear it?
Quote by hourglass666
How would you hear it?

Thats what im thinking...
2 city blocks is pretty ****ing massive buddy...

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
id sell you mine.

it's a guitarbug bought for 250 usd.

you can get a nady mk1002 for 50ish usd but get a wireless pouch to put on your strap with it.
Quote by theusedsk8er
id sell you mine.

it's a guitarbug bought for 250 usd.

you can get a nady mk1002 for 50ish usd but get a wireless pouch to put on your strap with it.

Yes but that Nady is a piece of ****; trust me.
Quote by hourglass666
How would you hear it?

my band mates where at the garage signaling that it was still good
Quote by OrderedChaos
my band mates where at the garage signaling that it was still good

so you walked down a city street with you guitar hitting a note and watching your buddies with binoculars??

was it really that worth it?

1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Why would I need binoculars? you have poor vision or something? And yes, it was a good test of the units preformance.
wireless is alot of fun if you have a good stage presence or as i call it dance around. I got to play with my friends band's wireless in his house and it was so nice not having to worry about a cable while jumping off stuff and swinging your guitar around and such, which his band is well known for. But yet they payed 200$ each for a used system, but at one show a guy was playing guitar (wireless) while running aroudn the floor (empty show) which was pretty sweet to see.
Quote by OrderedChaos
Why would I need binoculars? you have poor vision or something? And yes, it was a good test of the units preformance.

I dunno how big a city block is in america but up here thats far enough away youd barely be able to see a waving arm.....

whatever, but i call shananigans

1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Quote by Revhain
by word of mouth, I've heard Sennheiser is a brand you should check out. I have no further experience in this matter though.

no. go shure. it's a little bit pricey, but you WILL NOT be dissapointed
nah, you could easily see someone waving their arms from 500 feet away (2 city blocks)
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Big reason not to get it....you have to spend A LOT to get a good one....a low end one will not be good.

yep shure low end model the pgx14 is about 700 while the slx14 is around 1200aud while 20 ft cable from planet waves is 30aud