Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Natural Harmonics

Pinch Harmonics

Tapped Harmonics: It's like barre chord harmonics. You're just moving the harmonic up however many frets you want. Imagine that you want to play a harmonic 1/2 step higher than the 5th fret harmonic on the A string. You fret the first fret and then tap the metal thing between the 6th and 7th frets.
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Jun 18, 2006,
Natural harmonics: Place your finger lightly over a fret (12 for example) and hit the string
Pinch harmonics: Damp the fretted note with your thumb afer picking to get that "squealing" noise
Tap harmonics: Fret a note (5th fret for example) and lightly but fast, tap the 12th fret...you should get a harmonic sound
Artificial harmonics: Well look at natural, if 12th is a natural, fret 1st and hit place finger above 13th to get the same harmonic only a fret up (2, 14 and so on), these are "artificial" harmonics.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Last edited by La Qotsa at Jun 18, 2006,
cool way to do harmonics

hold the pick with your second finger and your thumb, and with your 1 finger you try to hit the harmonic while picking, its kinda hard at first but really cool, i saw eric johnson doing that in his gig at the first G3
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by the_extremist00
cool way to do harmonics

hold the pick with your second finger and your thumb, and with your 1 finger you try to hit the harmonic while picking, its kinda hard at first but really cool, i saw eric johnson doing that in his gig at the first G3

That just sounds like a really bad way to cover up not being able to do Pinch Harmonics...
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by La Qotsa
That just sounds like a really bad way to cover up not being able to do Pinch Harmonics...
It actually is a pinch harmonic, albeit a goofy way of doing it.
you can also tap harmonics w/ your right hand hit the string like a piano hammer exactly 12 frets up from whatever note you have fretted w/ your left hand
and you gotta hit the fret itself not the board
Quote by Elusion777
you can also tap harmonics w/ your right hand hit the string like a piano hammer exactly 12 frets up from whatever note you have fretted w/ your left hand

Yep we said that..."Tap Harmonics"
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010