well ive been playing about a week and a half now. Ive learned about 3 songs i think.
NiKi FM, the James Bond theme ( made it up got borred lol ), and a song of my own which i really like.

well ive learned hammer-ons and pull-offs and i cant really think of anything else to learn. so at this moment all im doing is improving my alternate picking and speed.

but theres a really big problem im having which i KNOW i need to improve on and was wondering if you could help. well the thing is that I can playn i think 3-4 notes per string at the moment. but when i try to change over to a different string, I kinda slow down and look at the neck and position myself in a way where it takes time and just stops the song for a moment.

any way of improving that? and also what else is there for me to learn that would be helpful in improving my overall playing skills?
i started by shutting my eyes put youre middle finger at any fret any string and try to strike the same string it helped me to get a feel of where my hand belong
ibanez rocks
Are you talking about single note lines? If so, moving about the fretboard will come with time.

Learn some open chords next mate - I suggest learning all the chords in the key of C, as thats a good place to start.

C     Dm    Em    F     G    Am    
e---0-----1------0----1----3-----0
b---1-----3------0----1----3-----1
g---0-----2------0----2----0-----2
d---2-----0------2----3----0-----2
a---3-----x------2----x----2-----0
e---x-----x------0----x----3-----x

You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
if u wanna start playing one note a string and swtich try the intro to sweet child o mine by guns n roses and u should learn open chords b4 u go one learning pull offs and hammer ons....when you're done with that there are things we call string bending and tapping...but learn open chords to get a feel of where strings are and to build up strenght in your fingers.
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!