has anyone got a pick thinner than a .38mm? Its the thinnest one i could find at my local music store. im all about thin picks yo

thin picks are wack, i use .88, anything less feels like im playing with paper
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
yeah i get you man, sometimes i get abit to crazy when im playing my politcal folk songs and as my picks are so thin, i usually snap strings due to my thumb smacking them, it sucks.

I love thin picks. They're the only type of pick actually suited for strumming. Medium and heavy picks have no flexibility and feel like they would rip the strings out of your guitar.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Quote by Armored Artist
I love thin picks. They're the only type of pick actually suited for strumming. Medium and heavy picks have no flexibility and feel like they would rip the strings out of your guitar.

Thin Picks FTW!
The pink dunlops are pretty thin.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I actually alternate; I play with thicker (.88) picks on electric and thinner (.38 or so) when I'm playing acoustic. I like the sound of a thinner pick with an acoustic better.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
kind of off topic, but i use dunlop nylons because (converse to the popular perception of perfection) they can be real thick and sturdy, but still flexible, i use the black 1.0s
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I use the green or white dunlops? so .88 or 1.0? I use them for everything...i can get away with something lighter for strumming, but when I'm improving its the .88 and ups only.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
The red sharkfins are real thin.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by hamish5178
kind of off topic, but i use dunlop nylons because (converse to the popular perception of perfection) they can be real thick and sturdy, but still flexible, i use the black 1.0s

black 1.0s FTW, they really rule for electric... such control

As for acoustic i go for the step just below... the dark grey ones
I've used a peice of paper for a pick before, doing some simple lead stuff, it was really quiet, but it sounded amazing. Try it sometime.
Quote by Zofar
I've used a peice of paper for a pick before, doing some simple lead stuff, it was really quiet, but it sounded amazing. Try it sometime.

how did you pull that off
Quote by GsKoRn1
how did you pull that off

Well, not an entire sheet of paper, just a corner ripped off.
Actually, it doesn't matter if you have a thick pick or not. Once you teach yourself how to play the strings with the slightest touch then thats when you could use a damn quarter. Thats what the dude form ZZ top does. He doesn't use picks, just asks someone for a quarter. He knows how to touch the strings.
Anyways, I personally like Star picks. They tend to not fall out of your fingers and on the floor when you are lightly holding them because of the star hole in them. They are great picks.
I use medium thickness. About 0.5 mm I think. I find they offer the best of both worlds. Great for strumming, great for picking.
I used to play with a quarter when i would loose my picks (which i do often) but i kinda figured it would ruin the strings so i stopped. The star pick's sound kool im going to get some of those...if i can find them anyways i dono know how thick my pics are but i do kno there medium. Thin pick annoy me i don?t like how flexible there are it just feels weird to me and thick picks dont sound all that great on an acoustic or at least to me they don?t to me

O yea my friend had a pic...dono what it was maby a fender...anyways it was so thin you could see through it
Last edited by GsKoRn1 at Jun 19, 2006,
I gotta agree with the medium guy. They definitely give you the best of both worlds, you can strum and rock pretty hard without tearing the pick but you still have the control of a thicker pick.
Try a DAVA. They are thick, but have a "hinge" on them to allow for easier strumming. They are about $.65 a pick(65cents US). they are woth it IMO. Try them.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
I dont really like thin picks. I prefer them to thick picks, but .73 is my favourite.
im surprised more people have suggested the orange dunlop tortexes, .7 something. my favorite, use em for everything.
The thinnest I can find are Dunlop Nylon .38mm, and I only use them for my 12 string. They make it sound even better than it does already. 0.71 celluloid is what I usually use for guitar (I HATE tortex picks)
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Last edited by Calum_Barrow at Jun 19, 2006,
Yeah Scott, i can give you one of mine, i think it's a 0.25 i'll give it you on monday.

EDIT: Ah asshat, it's a 0.38 i'm sure i had a 0.25
^whoa, way to revive this thread. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I like the textured black Dunlop Jazz III's (the pointy ones) for pretty much all playing... they are thick as hell and don't bend at all. I like to be in control.
Jim Dunlop .73 Nylon Textured picks are amazing. Good for all around, a good bit lighter feeling than Fender Mediums.
Yeah the .73 JD ones are pretty good for either. but If I'm doing JUST strumming I play with .38-.46.
#2 fanboy of Conor Oberst pm frd_mrshall to join

Bloody useless though.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance

Bloody useless though.

What the hell? where do you find these?
#2 fanboy of Conor Oberst pm frd_mrshall to join
Quote by GsKoRn1

O yea my friend had a pic...dono what it was maby a fender...anyways it was so thin you could see through it

haha i've got one like that...its translucent.
no idea how thick it is though, but i prefer thinner picks. I feel like i'm going to break something with a thicker pick.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
haha i've got one like that...its translucent.
no idea how thick it is though, but i prefer thinner picks. I feel like i'm going to break something with a thicker pick.

my heavies are all see-through and stuff....
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
I use a .73mm thats ok for me, but ill always experiment with a thinner pick, a thicker pic i dont like though
I Come With A Message From Jebus
Scott_Dughan39 There's a Canadian company called Pick Heaven that sells a .2mm pick, but it's carbon fiber