Hi.
Got a lil question for you guys.
What is the difference between modes and scales?
I seriuosly dont know....
Thanks in advance

Cya
Modes aren't scales, imo. Their different keys based of different keys . But hey, if you want to improv with "modes scales", be my guest, even though it won't make anything sound different.
Quote by coffeeguy9
Modes aren't scales, imo. Their different keys based of different keys . But hey, if you want to improv with "modes scales", be my guest, even though it won't make anything sound different.
Don't be a fucking idiot. Modes are scales.
modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords = modes = scales = chords .

Always and forever. No opinion about it!
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Don't be a fucking idiot. Modes are scales.

Christ, little mistake for the guy, no need for that.

Anway, yeah they are scales although they have differet intervals, and they all have unique sounds. There are piss loads of great threads in the Archives about Modes, and there are some lessons on them here on UG, go check em out.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Modes are scales derived from different scales.

Oh but what does derived meen?

Im swedish and my english teacher sucks she went on coke
^It basically means that Modes are similar to some scales, but have some intervals changed.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
^It means they're made from a scale or one set of intervals.

For example: The modes of the major scale are derived (made from) the major scale.

Förstå? (I think that's 'understand' in Swedish )
Quote by notoriousnumber
Christ, little mistake for the guy, no need for that.
I'm getting increasingly intolerant of incorrect information.

Quote by 4String_Maniac
Oh but what does derived meen?

Im swedish and my english teacher sucks she went on coke
Derived means that it is based on something.
Quote by notoriousnumber
^It basically means that Modes are similar to some scales, but have some intervals changed.

interval? not so sure what that is
The Walking Dead
Quote by thelonelywaffle
interval? not so sure what that is
An introduction to intervals...
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Quote by Johnljones7443
^It means they're made from a scale or one set of intervals.

For example: The modes of the major scale are derived (made from) the major scale.

Förstå? (I think that's 'understand' in Swedish )

Yes you are right.