page cannot be displayed
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'

Subscript out of range: 'Itemposvar'

/catalog/showitem.asp, line 96

some dumass wrote the web page in VB6 and screwed up the code
my rig
Squire strat affinity series, chrome red
Fender jazz bass, sunburst
custom made bass, natural (forget who made it)
Roland jazz chorus 50
Boss DS-1 distortion pedal
and I only use purple dunlop tortex picks
I want a guitar like that, only red n' black. But if it's not a fender or jackson, there's a good chance it'll suck.

EDIT: the picture is titled something like Stagemaster HH. It could be a fender. I bet it's from the 80's.

</obvious>
i can see it now

how can you make an assumption like that after seeing a tiny photo like that?
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Quote by sashki
Give me one strat copy that doesn't suck. I've tried A LOT, and for some reason, they're all rubbish.

An upper end Yamaha will put A LOT of Fenders to shame.
Quote by sashki
Give me one strat copy that doesn't suck. I've tried A LOT, and for some reason, they're all rubbish.

i was trying to say say fender suck,not fenders are god and everything else sucks.
Quote by sashki

You have obviously never played a Tokai.
And I guess those boutique-custom-handbuilt guitars like Suhr can be counted as strat copies. They don't suck.
There's nothing wrong with London City strats and teles. If you're talking about Richwood and Stagg, it's a different kind of story.
HH Config, FL type bridge... Reversed neck...

I don't see what's particularly wrong with it.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by 6DEATH6METAL6
i was trying to say say fender suck,not fenders are god and everything else sucks.

I know you did.

I actually meant cheap strat copies, ie. Squier, Collins, Epiphone, Coxx, Stagg, Aria, low end Cort and Deans. Sadly, I haven't tried a Tokai. I've heard their les pauls are good, but not much about the strats.

Suhr guitars are amazing, as are Charvel, but they're not really what I'd call "cheap strat copies"
Quote by StaggHound
HH Config, FL type bridge... Reversed neck...

I don't see what's particularly wrong with it.

so your saying that its ok maybe just a pickup change and it would be good

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
Quote by sashki
I haven't tried a Tokai. I've heard their les pauls are good, but not much about the strats.

SRV has been known to use a Tokai Springy Sound (=Strat Copy). It can't be that bad.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
How can you look at something and say it sucks?
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by love_O_rock
How can you look at something and say it sucks?

its a squier

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
Quote by guitarphillip
so your saying that its ok maybe just a pickup change and it would be good

No, I'm just saying that I don't see what's wrong with it. If we had more to go on, then I'm sure we could pick apart the down sides.

But then again, I love cheap guitars. They all have a unique tone, even if they try not to. And sometimes, that tone is good.

I still don't see anything incredibly bad.

Sure, it's mostly for looks; but it has a FR type trem and dual humbuckers, it's an interesting piece.

its licensed so it will go out of tune after lots of use of the trem but i dont use that is there anyway to make it like a standard guitar with a fixed bridge?

Quote by Gabel
any one?

Quote by Gabel
Threadstarter, let me first start off by saying you are a complete moron.

Okay , im done.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
i know im a moron

Quote by Gabel
Hey, it looks nice, I think I see 2 Seymour Duncan Invaders (which, though I have never heard them, I've heard good things about them) and a Floyd Rose bridge. Not too bad.
Quote by sashki

oh my god you are so retarded.

quick blast from the past,
the 50's and 60's created fenders name, late 60's fender were under new management, their aim.... to make a profit, they cut corners everywhere and left in a decreasing quality of ALL fender guitars in the late 60's why do u think the fender guitars before 1964 are so expensive, ? its not just the age, the 70's japanese companies decided "hang on, i bet we can make a better guitar for a fraction of the cost fender usa are chargin" and they did, leading to the likes of tokai, Greco and yes... even ibanez, all these japanese companies FLOODED the european/japanese market for guitars creating high quality guitars for an affordable price, fender were getting nervous about loosing business (they are under a new management at this stage) thus the creating of fender japan, fender japan got big (by the way i dont know why people say fender japan suck, because the new fender highway strats you buy today or any "re-issues" are all copies of fender japan) fender japan got too big and were eased off the market by fender USA causing a division in the factories now known today as fender mexico and fender USA,

whatever strat copie u tried were more than likely made in korea, people like you who rely on a brand name to recognise quality are just pitiful, they look for the name, nothing else. if you want to go and pay 1000 dollars for a "top notch" fender strat according to your standards be my guest, i garuntee you i could pick up a better non fender strat for half that price

that stagemaster was more than likely made in korea or indonessia, aka s*it

tokai were the original copies, they are seen today but they are made in korea, what you want is an original one, from the 70's they are worth alot of money,
Last edited by thatguy147 at Jun 19, 2006,
Quote by mr_hankey
You have obviously never played a Tokai.
And I guess those boutique-custom-handbuilt guitars like Suhr can be counted as strat copies. They don't suck.

+1

but typically strat copies are made to be cheap beginner knock-offs..
mostly because of the easily identifiable body, and the naive minds of beginners..
But then you get copies like Tokai that flat out own
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
"Originally Posted by sashki
Give me one strat copy that doesn't suck. I've tried A LOT, and for some reason, they're all rubbish"

thats true you get the strat copies which are ****, but there are really good copies there, old ones mainly i think
my uncle has a stagemaster its a nice guitar
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I'd save up for a MIM
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.