Page 1 of 2
i have 21's on my warlock,but that because its tuned 3 1/2 steps down to A D G C F A
Last edited by 6DEATH6METAL6 at Jun 18, 2006,
Quote by 6DEATH6METAL6
i have 21's on my warlock,but that because its tuned 3 1/2 steps donw to A D G C F A

I'm guessing you had to replace your nut for that?
10s on my acou, 12s on my old crappy Squier, and the kind of cheap nines you get on new Fenders on my Strat. Gonna get it set up for 13s soon though.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
.10-.52 on my Agile
.11-.54 on my Warlock
.11-.56 on my Washburn 7-String
.10-.49 on my Dean Acoustic
.12s on my acoustic .10s on my electric
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
.11s on pacifica and .14 or something like that on takamine acoustic
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
.10's on the Tele and the Strat and .13's on the Ovation.
Fender American Strat
Squire Tele
Ovation CC057 Celebrity
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Über Metal
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Dunlop Fuzz Face
i got 12s. They didn't have any 13s at the music store. Where do you people get these heavy strings? i've never seen more than 13s.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
amazingdm: Higher gauges aren't only for metal. They have a naturaly thicker and fuller sound than lighter gauges which can be used for just about anything.
For example, SRV was known for using very heavy gauges, I think he stopped after a while though, callouses not strong enough and such or so I've heard

Anyway, I have 11s on my dinky and 12s on my RR.
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
^^ I think I read that SRV's tendons were actually starting to go bad, 'coz he played so damn hard on such heavy strings so often, so he had to change. The heaviest strings he used were 16s, I believe.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
i use 10's on everything

SRV used 18's at one time but he said he was playing simple stuff at that point.
Meh. I read he used from 13s to 16s. The only pro I read of who used 18s was Dick Dale, but then I'm no expert on string guages of famous guitarists...

i don't know much about dick dale but srv also had another guitar (i think it might have been "lenny") which had 10's on it. but the 18's were not used very much just for what he called "simple playing" but whats simple for him might give the average guitarist a hard time.
i use 11's on my strat and 12's on my les paul and tele
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
10-70 6 string set
11-90 7 string set
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
10-70 6 string set
11-90 7 string set

A 90 for a 7string

What the ****?! What tuning do you keep that thing in, christ.

Same for the 6 string.
Quote by 6DEATH6METAL6
i have 21's on my warlock,but that because its tuned 3 1/2 steps down to A D G C F A

Hahahaha... hillariously retarded. Do they even sell those anywhere? I'm so weak, I can't even to a full bend on 13's.

I keep it simple. 10's on the squire, 11's on the beastly schecter, 13's on the wimpy acoustic.
Last edited by mikeman at Jun 18, 2006,
11s I keep it in Standard Tuning
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
hey guys,
i was wondering if when your strings start to get abit old if the make like a buzzing sound (it only buzzes on a couple of frets for example: 16 buzzes but 18th is fine)
SRV used 17s...

I use 9s...great for shred. I tried 11s once, couldn't sweep em'...
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
9 or 10 to 46. Thinking about giving Zakk Boomers a shot, my Strat needs more tension.
Quote by amazingdm
are you people who are using huge numbers doing it for metal music?

its because my guitar is tuned down really low 3 1/2 steps to A
Quote by mikeman
Hahahaha... hillariously retarded. Do they even sell those anywhere? I'm so weak, I can't even to a full bend on 13's.

I keep it simple. 10's on the squire, 11's on the beastly schecter, 13's on the wimpy acoustic.

you just buy a few packs an mix an match but drop tuned no matter how thick you can bend an whatnot normally its like compensating
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
13 on my strat and 10 on my 335. really should opposite that, but meh. havent gotten around to changing the strings on the 335 yet.
Page 1 of 2