I just got me a Vox V847 Wah and was wondering if it was any good. This is my first wah so keep in mind.that my ear is untrained when it comes to wahs. Is it good, or should I have spent an extra 50 for the clyde? Also, how much would it cost to mod it for true bypass?
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Last edited by S0ulja23 at Jun 20, 2006,
It'll only cost about 15-25 to mod it to true bypass.

And yea, loads of people swear by theirs, I also now swear by my Clyde McCoy though...

How much did you get it for? And how much it the Clyde there?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
No clydes in the shop, but they did have a budda for like 200. I got the V847 for about 109

EDIT: also, where should I take it to get it modded?
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

Why didnt you try it out along with some other wahhs?

Bah whatever, I have it too and love it. I didnt compare it to the Clyde (becuase I think signature pedals are a waste of time personally) but I did compare it to the crybaby and liked it much better since it (to me) had a better sweep range and character.

Dunno how much a bypass would cost you sorry.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Yea you can get it modded for like $15 yourself or send it too Keeley and have him rip you off for $50. Im going to sell my v847 for a Teese RMC1 Wah pedal. Those ones are nice and hand made, best for the Hendrix and SRV type wah.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Keeley? I hear those mods are way overpriced. How do I mod it myself?

EDIT: Also way too young to touch the powertools/welding tools

The V847 will survive an atomic blast. The Clyde has nice features, but won't last you nearly as long. It should only cost about $10 to make a V847 a clyde (True Bypass and an AC jack, otherwise, it's basically the same).

15 isn't too young to touch a soldering iron, I do it all the time!
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Last edited by poochy at Jun 18, 2006,
Just in case no one's read my edit, how do I mod it myself?

^There's a load of threads that'll help you, look in the customizing forum, there's a thread dedicated on Vox/Crybaby mods and so on.
Don't be afraid to care"

Well like I said, I cant mess with any welding and technical stuff

modding it is ot hard at all........
heres a list of every mod ive done to mine

true bypass
vocal mod (involves replacing some resistors
toggle switch to volume pedal
cleaned pot
added LED but took it out because my battery died in 2 weeks

all of that took like 10 minutes a piece and cost me maybe 20 for everything

EDIT: you dont need to weld, your thinking of soldering, its not nearly as technical as welding and its so much easier......soldering irons cost like 20 bucks for a decent one and its not hard at all......

go to www.stompboxmods.com and check out some of the stuff ive psoted on there.......that pink queen also posts a lot of mods on there and he and seljer are basically UG's master electricians
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Last edited by V12prowler at Jun 18, 2006,
To mod, all you really need is a soldering iron and some solder, and some hands, arms and so on... and of course, the pedal.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by S0ulja23
Well like I said, I cant mess with any welding and technical stuff

Why? Are people afraid that you'll go crazy and "stab [them] in the face with a soldering iron" (In the words of Christopher Walken... in Joe Dirt)?
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Quote by poochy
Why? Are people afraid that you'll go crazy and "stab [them] in the face with a soldering iron" (In the words of Christopher Walken... in Joe Dirt)?

Nah I'm just too young to touch the SOLDERING tools....That and I have no soldering tools.

EDIT: stompboxmods.com is down at the moment

Last edited by S0ulja23 at Jun 18, 2006,
How old are you?

And if it's a problem, you could always get your dad or someone to help. (I don't think soldering irons are expensive either)
Don't be afraid to care"

i wish some master at modding pedals here on UG would offer to mod pedals for a price. i myself do not want to get ripped off by paying keeley to give my wah true bypass. anyone up for it?
Well in case any of you were wondering how it sounded I posted a clip on my dmusic (entitled "Funky Wah Riff")

vhf.dmusic.com

Quote by R_H_C_P
How old are you?

And if it's a problem, you could always get your dad or someone to help. (I don't think soldering irons are expensive either)

Ignore the age on my profile, I'm really 12 but UG'ers tend to not take 12 year olds seriously so yep.

Do you think I can bring it to a music store to get modded?

EDIT: Ok I have a problem. I usually run my guitar through my podxt, and I use the fuzz face simulations on there. Since it doesn't have an effects loop, I'm forced to run my wah before the distortion and it doesnt sound as good. What should I do?

Sorry to double post, but: A reply would be nice.

Depending on where you live........if you get me a DPDT stomp switch ill mod it to true bypass for you for $25-35 depending on what other mods you want done you want done
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Well I'm not really used to sending my stuff to UG people. Not that I don't trust you, but I've never had any past experinces. I live in CA btw.

Try the wah in a different position, see if it sounds any better.

And yea, you'll probably be able to take the pedal to mod in a shop, but that depends if they do that type of thing, and then there's always a risk of them raping your wallet.
Don't be afraid to care"

Well by "doesn't sound as good", I mean completely killing the wah when its on a hi gain setting. Like whenever I rock the pedal at really hi gain, it ends up sounding somewhat of a f*cked up uni-vibe or something.