I posted a clip of this song here before ... now the full thing is mostly done. Still don't have vocals, so if anyone wants to give that a try, go ahead.

Song17 (mp3)
very catchy
I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time,
I'll give it right back to you one of these days.
^^^ indeed catchty

don't really care for hte pick scratching or what ever at the beginning but the rest is amazing

good build ups and riffs ....BRILLIANT!
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
Sounds very amateurish to me. It seems the whole song was based off one mediocore riff. This apple isn't impressed.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Quote by sumfears
^^^ indeed catchty

don't really care for hte pick scratching or what ever at the beginning but the rest is amazing

good build ups and riffs ....BRILLIANT!

The noise at the first of it was a delay pedal with its time knob spun around. I was just trying something different for a change and thought it could add a bit of flavour to the song.

Thanks for the comments man.

Quote by Dutch_Apples
Sounds very amateurish to me. It seems the whole song was based off one mediocore riff. This apple isn't impressed.

Well, I don't consider myself a professional, and the whole song is pretty much based off one simple riff - so I guess you aren't wrong. Sorry you weren't impressed.

Thanks for the listen all the same though.
Well, if you refined that sound in the beginning, I think it would be a lot better. I mean, it sounds like you were just twisting it around, but you have to understand what makes what noises and be very deliberate about it. I think a bridge with a completly different riff would help break up the monotony. Pretty good though.
Quote by FFJP
Well, if you refined that sound in the beginning, I think it would be a lot better. I mean, it sounds like you were just twisting it around, but you have to understand what makes what noises and be very deliberate about it. I think a bridge with a completly different riff would help break up the monotony. Pretty good though.

That's pretty resonable, the noise at the first should probably be manipulated better - probably doesn't really go to the beat of the song because it was kinda just made and thrown on top of the song.

I was think of putting a bridge in there... but I figured some good vocals would help the song from becoming boring.

Thanks for the input man.
Quote by Dutch_Apples

Dont listen to the fruit it is an awsome song but it needs lyrics try a song about a biker chick!
Try mixing it up by changing the bridge or sumthing coz its kinda monotanous!
Still really cool though!
DIZZY
Last edited by ST. DIZZY! at Jun 19, 2006,
Quote by ST. DIZZY!
Dont listen to the fruit it is an awsome song but it needs lyrics try a song about a biker chick!
Try mixing it up by changing the bridge or sumthing coz its kinda monotanous!
Still really cool though!

Biker Chick huh ?

Im no singer, but Im trying to find a local one to get a band on the go. Hopefully I find one soon.

Ill see what I can do with the bridge.

Thanks for the comments
Not bad. It sounds like its from a movie or something, you know like one of them scenes in a comedy where they are running from something. Its catchy alright but if you need lyrics just get in touch and i'll see what i can do.
For those about to rock, I salute you!
Quote by The rockgod
Not bad. It sounds like its from a movie or something, you know like one of them scenes in a comedy where they are running from something. Its catchy alright but if you need lyrics just get in touch and i'll see what i can do.

LOL. The comedy comparison is cool - didn't get that kinda comment before.
cool, that is catchy. Yeah it could do with some vocals. Good quality recording aswell.
Quote by Dom_H
cool, that is catchy. Yeah it could do with some vocals. Good quality recording aswell.

Thanks... a guitarport and some drum loops go a long way.

Anyone here able to do vocals ?
Didnt care for the beginning but after that I thought it was Great!
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
with vocals itll be great, nice work!
just get rid of the scratchy business at the beginning lol!
Quote by yellowlizard
with vocals itll be great, nice work!
just get rid of the scratchy business at the beginning lol!

Haha. Im not getting much love for the scratchy foolishness. Ill see what I can do.
I don't know if people are criticizing the delay knob effect or the actual scratching noise after the effect. But yeah, the delay thing sounds like a mario brothers ordeal. The song itself seems pretty solid. Monotonous (as has been pointed out) but solid.

Would you mind critiquing mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381323
Thanks
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
Quote by Dutch_Apples

I agree with the riff thing to dominate through the whole song put us through a loop =)
not bad though.
I thought the scratching thing was a good idea^^
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Quote by faracoustic
I agree with the riff thing to dominate through the whole song put us through a loop =)
not bad though.

Thanks. A new bridge and solo is definitely needed to break up the monotony... hopefully I get some time to record this week.
I think the best part of the Mp3 was the drum programing. Sounds kinda like Reason drum kits.
I like my women like I like my whiskey, 14 years old and full of coke.
Quote by ynxyg
I think the best part of the Mp3 was the drum programing. Sounds kinda like Reason drum kits.

Actually, they came from betamonkeymusic.com . Check it out, they kick ass.
Quote by Helker
pretty good song..try to develop the little solo, it's funny

Yeah, the solo is bad.
Quote by The rockgod

Totally agree with you
Quote by Stop Messin'
OMG i cut myself chopping onions today, i'm s0oO0O00OOo emo. Then the onion juice got in the cut, which burned and made me cry, i'm sooOO0o0oO emo.

He got a point there .
The riff gets a bit old...solo could be developed...

Try coming up with a second riff for the chorus, and then another one for the bridge.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.