im wonderign if one of those $50 wireless instrument cables are worth settling for. i have a 30 ft cable i hook up to my podxt so i have lots of leeway, but it just always seems to get in the way and i would feel more freely wihthout it. is it worth the 50 bucks or not
Some of them suck and have horrible reception and receiving the signals, they can suck the tone right out of your guitar aswell.
Yeah but for every 3 ft of cable you use don't you lose more low (or high) end?

(That's what I've heard.....)
Any wireless under $120 is a piece of tone sucking, signal losing junk (speaking from experience)
thats what i thought, whats the cheapest decent one out there (which doesnt suck an abnormal amount of tone). I would like it to still represent my sound well.
Quote by thesumoftwo
thats what i thought, whats the cheapest decent one out there (which doesnt suck an abnormal amount of tone). I would like it to still represent my sound well.

I use a Nady UHF-3 (live and at home) with minimal tone loss and I've yet to have it drop out except from batterys dying.

http://www.music123.com/Nady-UHF-3-GT-Wireless-Guitar-System-i145350.music

But the cable that is supplied with it was a hassle for me, so I got myself a 2ft George L. cable.
so does that work well? i'm presuming as you said that it maintains almost all tone? How does it work exactly? an outline on info on it possibly? thats if you havent got anything better to do.
Quote by thesumoftwo
so does that work well? i'm presuming as you said that it maintains almost all tone? How does it work exactly? an outline on info on it possibly? thats if you havent got anything better to do.

You put the body pack on your strap (via electrical tape, duct tape, bodypack pouch), run the cable to your input. The signal reaches the receiver, then there's an output in the back of that. You run a cable to your first pedal, then the signal goes through all of your pedalboard (if you have one) and then to your amp.

if that's confusing, I'll make a diagram.
nah, thats good for me. so is it pretty sturdy, in other words, until i get around to building a pedal board will it be OK sat around on the ground?

thanks for all your help by the way
Quote by thesumoftwo
nah, thats good for me. so is it pretty sturdy, in other words, until i get around to building a pedal board will it be OK sat around on the ground?

thanks for all your help by the way

it doesn't have to sit on the pedalboard, I leave mine on top of my amp and run a 20ft cable to my pedal-board.
i plan on building a pedal board soon which i shall build to accomodate all my weird and wonderful shapes and setups but until then i was just wondering if it would be sturdy enough to sit lose on the floor with my other pedals, I play classic rock and funk so its not exactly crazy stamp on everything type stage presence but i do get energetic.
Quote by thesumoftwo
i plan on building a pedal board soon which i shall build to accomodate all my weird and wonderful shapes and setups but until then i was just wondering if it would be sturdy enough to sit lose on the floor with my other pedals, I play classic rock and funk so its not exactly crazy stamp on everything type stage presence but i do get energetic.

I'd keep it safe and leave it on your amp and tape down your cords or use tie-wraps.
ive got that one too. and its good for home use, but id be hard pressed to walk out on stage with it.

also if u adjust ur amps settings and the plug in the wireless, ull have to up all ur settings to compensate for the tone loss.

yeah, they are MUCH better than the under $100 vhf models, but its hard to say how dependable they would be on stage.

shure came out with a $300 model. ive never tried it but i trust shure more than nady.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
ive got that one too. and its good for home use, but id be hard pressed to walk out on stage with it.

also if u adjust ur amps settings and the plug in the wireless, ull have to up all ur settings to compensate for the tone loss.

yeah, they are MUCH better than the under $100 vhf models, but its hard to say how dependable they would be on stage.

shure came out with a $200 model. ive never tried it but i trust shure more than nady.

I tried that model, pretty damn good I must say. But it had the same minimal tone loss I face with my $120 Nady UHF which is only heard on the clean channel really.