I think I'm going to get an American series Stratocaster today. There should be 3 in the color/neck I want, plus I have a 20% coupon, at Guitar Center but different years, like 2004, 2005 I think..

In the Frontline it shows all the features of an American Standard.. does anyone know if this is how they have been for a few years or if they change every year?

Is there a way to find out a history of each year's model?
Last edited by amazingdm at Jun 18, 2006,
Well... An American Strat is an American Strat, really. Any differences that there are are going to be so minor that it doesn't make much difference. Your grammar is atrocious, so I'm not sure what that second sentence says, but I think I answered your question.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Well it's not your grammar but if you try to re-read your post it's extremely difficult to understand...
Quote by DispsablePuppet
drill a hole in the side of your guitar, and make sweet love to the beautiful instrument. twice.

I dig the pretty colors in your eyes.
Quote by rearFender
Well it's not your grammar but if you try to re-read your post it's extremely difficult to understand...

probably cuz they don't know what I"m talking about I guess...
The only difference would be this years, if you get the 60th anniversary.

American strats have been the same since like...2000 or 2001.
You can usually find a better price online than at Guitar ctr., even with the discount. I own a Tex-Mex Jimmy Vaughn model and it plays great, not sure it's worth the 500 extra for the American. BTW - depending on where you live, there's no tax or shipping for an online purchase - 8.35% taX in NY or 5% in Mass adds up. I'd say play the instrument you want and don't buy on impulse. then go home and source out other prices. Strat's a flexible guitar, but if you play blues check out G&L designed by Leo Fender - the tele is sweet. good luck!
Ok good
Means I can try all 3 to find the best but hopefully I can find one that says "Carona, California" instead of the 50th anniversary one
Quote by Litehouse
You can usually find a better price online than at Guitar ctr., even with the discount. I own a Tex-Mex Jimmy Vaughn model and it plays great, not sure it's worth the 500 extra for the American. BTW - depending on where you live, there's no tax or shipping for an online purchase - 8.35% taX in NY or 5% in Mass adds up. I'd say play the instrument you want and don't buy on impulse. then go home and source out other prices. Strat's a flexible guitar, but if you play blues check out G&L designed by Leo Fender - the tele is sweet. good luck!

Sorry man it's gotta be the American Std in Chrome Blue, i really love it..plays so sweet.

But anyway do you know of a better deal than $820?
Aren't you the guy who just started to learn how to play and said he ordered a 2006 MIM Strat and was going to get an American Strat next year?
Quote by Siciliano
Aren't you the guy who just started to learn how to play and said he ordered a 2006 MIM Strat and was going to get an American Strat next year?

Yes
Did you get the MIM Strat? What made you decide to get the American Strat so soon?
Quote by Siciliano
Did you get the MIM Strat? What made you decide to get the American Strat so soon?

No not yet, I'd assume I'd be able to cancel the order and they'd want to make more money by selling a more expensive Strat.

I have been able to get some more money (thanks lotto!)
20% is a great discount! Are you going for the Chrome Blue/Maple?

I think the American Series have been fairly consistent in terms of features over the last few years, but I'm not entirely sure. The only difference I'm aware of is availability of different colours. Also, I think the more recent American Strats have a new type of strap buttons... they are like a fusion of modern and vintage buttons.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

I am kinda curious like which colors were offered each year and things like that.. hopefully someone took record of all that stuff
You haven't gotten your MIM Strat and now you're thinking about getting an American Strat today thanks to some lottery jackpot?

If you want to get the information you seek regarding the American Fender Strat why don't you go ask the salesmanager at GC or the Fender website?

Better yet, to to GC and actually pick one up and evaluate whether it's a wise choice for you at your novice stage of musicianship for the money you are about to lay down.

You have to be 18 years old to collect lottery winnings. Sounds like BS to me.
Quote by Siciliano
You haven't gotten your MIM Strat and now you're thinking about getting an American Strat today thanks to some lottery jackpot?

If you want to get the information you seek regarding the American Fender Strat why don't you go ask the salesmanager at GC or the Fender website?

Better yet, to to GC and actually pick one up and evaluate whether it's a wise choice for you at your novice stage of musicianship for the money you are about to lay down.

You have to be 18 years old to collect lottery winnings. Sounds like BS to me.

wtf? I'm 23.. it wasn't a big lotto jackpot either, only 4/6 numbers

and I was just curious about one thing, and it's been answered for me.
btw even if I was under 18 and we won some big lotto jackpot, don't you think my parents would probably split it with me? we've won lotto money before when I was a kid, I bought a buncha power rangers sh1t
Quote by amazingdm
wtf? Someone saying MY grammar is atrocious? WOW

you use too many commas
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
Quote by spaminator101
you use too many commas

This should not be a concern on people's minds.
Get, a, life.
i own a 2003 american strat but i picked it after playing 2004 and 2005 and i just liked it the best but there were no major differences
Just brought one of these beauties home
Chrome blue, the color I've been lusting for for months

only problem is a ding/crack in the finish on the back.. no biggie, got me $20 off. TOtal $798 inc. tax.
will do, gotta finish changing strings (I should right? I mean if it's been up there like 2 years...), cleaning etc

should I be discouraged that there are a lot of hairline scratches everywhere, plus a couple nasty marks on the back.. or just be happy I got like $200 off?
Usually when people buy new expensive guitars, they are almost afraid to play them because they don't want to blemish the pristine new finish. But you really only start to enjoy a guitar when you are comfortable with it; when you can grab it with confidence, dig into the fretboard and really rock out! Plus, Strats look best when they're battle-worn. Think of it as having a head-start on making this baby a vintage relic.

$200 US off is a sweet deal, man. Congrats!

I'm pretty excited about getting my new Strat soon. A local dealer has ordered two 2006 MIM Fat Strats for me and I'm going to choose one when they arrive. One is Arctic White and one is Chrome Red, both with rosewood fretboards. Ideally I would want a maple fretboard, but MIM rosewood looks better than MIM maple, imo.

Now I'm having some doubts about whether I should have gone for the MIA. I would love an Olympic White or Chrome Blue MIA with that sweetass maple fretboard, but I think the store people are going to be pissed if I backed out of the MIM order because I had to convince them to order more than one.

The good thing about getting a MIM though, is that I would also be able to get a Precision Bass. I've been looking to get into the groove for a while now.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Jun 19, 2006,
I agree.. about being afraid to nick it and stuff

I'd say the AmSe has a bit nicer neck, much smoother, better bridge/tremolo system (Feels a lot better), but really there isn't too much difference in reality. I'm just really vain and wanted that chrome blue so bad plus had a deal on it