I've got a Schecter C-1 that came with Duncan Designed pickups and i've been thinking about getting a new bridge pickup.

Is it worth it?

If so, can I only replace one pickup or do they both have to be replaced? I play mainly stuff like Taking Back Sunday, ACDC, Sabbath, Silverstein, AFI, etc. I'm pretty diverse, so I just would want something with a nice hard rock crunch to it.

thanks
Yeah, you can replace just one.

As for which one to get, snoop around the DiMarzio website untill you see something that sounds cool to you
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Duncan Designed are the worst pickups ever!! Well, they're pretty bad, but if you want to replace the bridge, the neck duncan will still function.

But.....

I'd advise you to get both Duncan Designed pickups replace...for the sake of your tone.

Have a nice day and Happy Fathers' Day!
Quote by xanavi
Duncan Designed are the worst pickups ever!! Well, they're pretty bad, but if you want to replace the bridge, the neck duncan will still function.

But.....

I'd advise you to get both Duncan Designed pickups replace...for the sake of your tone.

I agree, it would be best to replace both of them, but ones a good start for now if its all he/she can afford
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by xanavi

But.....

Thanks

I rarely use my neck pick up so im not too concerned about it at the moment. I'm getting a new amp this week so I am seriously considering a new bridge pickup to compliment it.

Are Duncan Designed really the "worst pick ups ever"?
What kind of amp?
Board:
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
What kind of amp?

It's going to be a used tube combo or a Vox AD.
Well, first, tell us what tone you want/like, and your price range.

Also, it's not as easy as tearing one out and plugging another in, you should take it to a professional.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Well, first, tell us what tone you want/like, and your price range.

Also, it's not as easy as tearing one out and plugging another in, you should take it to a professional.

I've got a professional that will do it. (Guy used to set up guitars for Ted Nugent. Good friends with my uncle)

My price range is under $100 and the tone im looking for it basically something that will have a nice heavy crunchy sound when distorted. I guess im not really sure how to explain it... haha.
Quote by lostfuze

Are Duncan Designed really the "worst pick ups ever"?

Well, dont feel bad. They are (Except for the ones in Ibanez's *shudders*), as they tend to come in guitars that are otherwise amazing. A pup change and you have a majorly kickass guitar.

And I would have to say.. Duncan Distortion, im really digging it. Sounds heavy, but clear (so better get your chops up). That or a Duncan Custom.

Distortion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5v2XPYBfbY&search=Mr%20Scary%20George%20Lynch

And if you can, Check out Queensryche, anything off of their Empire Album. Also, Randy Rhodes.

Custom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4__bOax51-s&search=lamb%20of%20god%20
Last edited by TimmyPage06 at Jun 18, 2006,
duncan designed are very good for stock pickups. not sure what stock pickups are better for the money. *shugs.

also, if urs are covered then keep in mind most after market pups come uncovered.
(in case u were going for one swap out.)

even still, ull notice a big difference. unless ur amps low end.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
duncan designed are very good for stock pickups. not sure what stock pickups are better for the money. *shugs.

also, if urs are covered then keep in mind most after market pups come uncovered.
(in case u were going for one swap out.)

even still, ull notice a big difference. unless ur amps low end.

What do you mean by "low end"? Is a VoxAD50VT considered low end?

I'm going to try my hardest get a tube combo, but if not thats what i'll be going with.
^no. i think vox is a high intermediate level amp.

low end is more like a 10W ibanez, a behinger, or an MG.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I swapped them out of my Schecter S-1 Elite as soon as I bought it. I put in SD Invaders, stop laughing, I only use it for dropped C with silly fat Zakk Wylde strings on it.

I am a tone freak, aside from buying Invaders. Seriously, I would recomend replacing the DD's.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
My opinion about Schecter is that they want to keep their guitar's cheap (cost-wise) so they put in Duncan Designed so it's more affordable.

I could be wrong. Heh.
Quote by xanavi
My opinion about Schecter is that they want to keep their guitar's cheap (cost-wise) so they put in Duncan Designed so it's more affordable.

I could be wrong. Heh.

It's true, costs more to liscense real pickups than the 5 dollar korean factory ****s. Replaces them.
So does anyone else have suggestions on a good bridge pickup?

I'm looking on MusiciansFriend and there are just so many!
dude was in the same position as you. I would go with replacing both DD with either the EMG 81/85 set or Seymour Duncan Sh-4/Sh-8 combo or 2 Sh-8s or the
Dimarzio Evolution Set.
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by lostfuze
Bump

Do you guys think I should just go with a Seymour Duncan SH4?

Go SH6. Doesn't hurt your ears as much, sounds meatier, and also is a bit better for lead guitar.
SD JB/59. They're in most of the higher end Schecters.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer