Hey guys, I've got a Godin Freeway Classic (HSH, maple body + neck, rosewood fretboard) and I'm thinking of getting a Seymour Duncan JB and a Jazz to replace the stock pickups.

Problem is, I have no idea how they'll sound in a maple body, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this pup combo in a maple body.

Also, does anybody have any suggestions for a single coil to replace the stock one if needed? The only requirement is that it has to have roughly the same output as the JB and the Jazz.

Thanks.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
The Jazz is good, nice cleans . But the JB can easily sound too bright in an alder body.

What sounds are a going for exactly?
a good santana-type neck position, and something along the lines of an angus-esque bridge
Yeah, it'll work, I have that exact same guitar with a jazz/jb setup. But after yo uset up the jb, play it and then do some pole adjustments it will be overly bright at first, after oyu make hte bass and middle strings a bit higher it will soudn a bit better. Good for high gain applications, not sure how well it would do for angus though, It coudl work if yo ulwoered hte pickup a bit. And a santana thing is easily acheiveable with the jazz. So your good ot go.

On thing though, the jazz and sc (pos 2) will sound almost like it is out of phase, and the pos 4 will be about the same
Last edited by kaplac at Jun 18, 2006,
Awesome. Thanks alot.

One more thing though, how much would both pickups go for at regular price?

I'm getting them used from a friend but I have no idea how much I should expect to pay.
Alright I'll probably try to get under 55 bucks each.

Should be a pretty sweet deal.

Good to know that the middle pickup won't need replacing for balance issues, as it's already raised pretty high.