???
Quote by Slash Jr.
Forgive me for asking this but what is a dirty sanchez??

Quote by Teh_Guitarer
bahahahahahahahaha nice find ForbiddenDonut. you're my man...
the 2006 models come with a gigbag, sheilded pickgaurd, medium jumbo frets (which are a lot nicer), a bigger block for the bridge. if you want a MIM strat deffinitly go with the 2006 model, its deffinitly worth the extra 40 bucks. but its always better to save up the extra 600 and get a nice MIA strat, but thats just my opinion
Quote by aloneinthecity
but its always better to save up the extra 600 and get a nice MIA strat, but thats just my opinion

ha. I got tuition to pay

thanks
Quote by Slash Jr.

Quote by Teh_Guitarer
Quote by aloneinthecity
the 2006 models come with a gigbag, sheilded pickgaurd, medium jumbo frets (which are a lot nicer), a bigger block for the bridge. if you want a MIM strat deffinitly go with the 2006 model, its deffinitly worth the extra 40 bucks. but its always better to save up the extra 600 and get a nice MIA strat, but thats just my opinion

its a 1200 dollar difference in aus, so sometimes its better to buy a mim strat and upgrade it to kill the us strats
the 2006 models are a year newer

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
its a 1200 dollar difference in aus, so sometimes its better to buy a mim strat and upgrade it to kill the us strats

yea, thats what I wanna do: buy a MIM and at least upgrade the pickups.
Quote by Slash Jr.

Quote by Teh_Guitarer
the wood in an american is better than that of the MIM no matter what pickups you put in the AM will always be better
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
^ The wood is exactly the same except that MIA Fenders are laminated from fewer pieces of alder and get maple with better grain for the necks.

One real difference is the body finish. American Series use polyurethane whereas the Standards use polyester. The polyester is thicker and tougher, but polyurethane looks better and wears away more nicely.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Jun 20, 2006,
I need to get one of the newer MIM strats/teles... my 2003 MIM tele's looking a bit beaten up now.
we've got a 2000 mim all rusted pickguard screws, rusted pickup magnets, maple fretboard well thats been chipped near the neck pickup, loads of scratches, needs re-fret, lots of gunks on the fretboard, rusted bridge basically a beaten up model but plays nice