Hey, im new to posting threads so sorry if i posted int he wrong section. but im looking 2 geta new guitar and i fell on either getting the esp ec-400 in red, or the schecter c-1 hellraiser in red. both of them are very alike and im not sure which 2 get. can u guys help me out 4 making this decision?
Hellraiser. I have the Avenger hellraiser and nothing from ESP can touch it. And if you don't like the avenger body style, the C-1 is exactly the same thing but with a different body shape. and also, the finish on it looks so much better in person than in any picture.
The neck on the ESP is a little on the short side 24.75" long. The higher frets are cramped. I'd check out the Viper or Horizon series instead. Other than that, soundwise, i prefer it over schecter. It has a little more sustain and it has the EMG 81/60 set which i prefer over the 81/85.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
The neck on the ESP is a little on the short side 24.75" long. The higher frets are cramped. I'd check out the Viper or Horizon series instead. Other than that, soundwise, i prefer it over schecter. It has a little more sustain and it has the EMG 81/60 set which i prefer over the 81/85.

yeh like the ts can afford a Viper(ESP series not LTD) or Horizon since they are looking at the LTD EC-400

edit:
Quote by SynGates7X
Hellraiser. I have the Avenger hellraiser and nothing from ESP can touch it. And if you don't like the avenger body style, the C-1 is exactly the same thing but with a different body shape. and also, the finish on it looks so much better in person than in any picture.

hey dude, seriously you tried a real ESP or just those little LTD come back to me when you try real ESP
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh like the ts can afford a Viper(ESP series not LTD) or Horizon since they are looking at the LTD EC-400

edit:

hey dude, seriously you tried a real ESP or just those little LTD come back to me when you try real ESP

i have tried one, my teacher has a custom ESP from years ago back when they were even better than they are now, im not saying that ESP's are bad, they are extremely good, i've just always placed them second because i've basically grown up on schecters, so maybe the things i write are a little biased. but one one other thing i find difficult with the EC's and any other guitar with a les paul body style is the upper access to the frets is just bad. the way the hellraiser's ultra access set neck is set up it's just like having a neck through, just not as expensive.
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Jun 19, 2006,
Yea, its ltd NOT (i repeat NOT) esp... And the 81/60 combo does seem a little more versatile than the 81/85 on the schecter, coz the 60 does cleans better (or so ive heard).. But i havnt tried either so.. Maybe you could save up a little more and get the ltd deluxe series?
Quote by SynGates7X
i have tried one, my teacher has a custom ESP from years ago back when they were even better than they are now, im not saying that ESP's are bad, they are extremely good, i've just always placed them second because i've basically grown up on schecters, so maybe the things i write are a little biased. but one one other thing i find difficult with the EC's and any other guitar with a les paul body style is the upper access to the frets is just bad. the way the hellraiser's ultra access set neck is set up it's just like having a neck through, just not as expensive.

so because you tried a les paul style guitar you say that ESP are a bad company dude you didnt even realize that there was a Japanese Schecter until i told you.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
so because you tried a les paul style guitar you say that ESP are a bad company dude you didnt even realize that there was a Japanese Schecter until i told you.

read what i wrote. i didnt say they were bad, i said they were extremely good and they are my second favorite company, they as well as schecter are owned by the same people, how could i hate ESP and love schecter knowing that. also see that i said i was sort of biased towards schecters since ive grown up on them, i plan on owning more than a few ESP's in my lifetime, but i'm sure if i'll ever like them as much as the avenger i have now, the body style is just too unique and i love it
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
read what i wrote. i didnt say they were bad, i said they were extremely good and they are my second favorite company, they as well as schecter are owned by the same people, how could i hate ESP and love schecter knowing that. also see that i said i was sort of biased towards schecters since ive grown up on them, i plan on owning more than a few ESP's in my lifetime, but i'm sure if i'll ever like them as much as the avenger i have now, the body style is just too unique and i love it

if you want unique then here http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/index.html just search around
eh, but i like the alexi laiho sigs as some americans cant actually get them from their guitar shops, oh the joys of living in australia
i like the laiho's as well, i prefer that style of the V to any flying V gibson could come out with
Go get your shovel.
yeh im albeit more biased to the the shape than anything else so do you like the japanese shcecters
I'd go with the Schecter. It has a cooler look to it, but the sound makes a huge difference, so you might want to try them both out first before you buy them.
yeah. the majority of them are the same but the custom stuff is cool. although im a little disappointed that their is no avenger body style in the bunch that i could find.
Go get your shovel.
bahaha i like your sig though im sure there are plenty of guitars that can beat a schechter avenger hellraiser
Phil, you ever played an LTD Devil Girl? We have one at our local shop, should I be checking it out?
ive seen them on ebay, though im not that big of a fan of LTD i would try it out and see how carved the wood is to see if its all smooth and thats really about all i would do. dont forget that since LTD are made in Korea, Indonesia these guitars are nothing that spectacular including all the Deluxe models
well, thanx 4 all ur help guys, i really appreciate it, and im pretty set on getting the schecter but the all in all decision goes 2 whichever feels right 4 me in person. thanx a lot guys/gals