hey UG, so im giving my strat a new paint job, changing the pickups, and switching all the hardware. the only thing i need to do is get a good looking neck/headstock. so i want a custom look and i thought about putting something relevant on the headstock. only problem is, im not sure what. i was thinking something to do with my last name. my full name is Max Goldberg (jewish, i know). also, can anyone give me a way to do it in a fender-style font? any suggestions?

alright and question 2. what should i use to re finish my neck? any tips or hints?

thank you very much
Last edited by drunknpunk204 at Jun 18, 2006,
i don't know if there's any fender-like fonts you could find, you could try and draw them out yourself. or if you're not that creative you could download a baseball-type font, where one letter could sweep below the other letters. you could find it on i think it's called dafont.com or dafonts.com. something like that.

i don't know about finish. i heard people just laquer it lightly, but don't trust me on that.
Tung oil (I hear) is a good finish for necks. At least, I think it's tung oil. haha
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
yeah draw it out yourself using font as a search on google to get reference and tung oil is slick and idiot proof for a neck finish...unless you try and eat it...dont do that
Why did you have to tell us that you're Jewish?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
The Fender font is called something like Banff
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
that is the fender font, type fender it looks almost exactly the same
Hendrix Didn't Have To Die To Go To Heaven, He Was Already To High
Adobe "Brush Script" works well.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
The "E" is wrong for the Fender logo tho'...but Banff/Brush Script is the basis
^ I hope you/they know that selling Fender decals is rather illegal.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
last year in my design tech class, we had to make something in photoshop that represented a real life model. So I brought in my stratocaster and completely made it perfectly in photoshop. For the text, i just took my time and made it with a paintbrush in photoshop.

Good luck!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
You could check somewhere like dafont, they have quite a variety of similar fonts - but it'll take a bit of time searching.
Quote by mcscooby
The "E" is wrong for the Fender logo tho'...but Banff/Brush Script is the basis

The Banif-Brush looks good but use CAPITAL "e"s then reduce only the size of the "E"s - However the "r" is still not perfect. Hope this helps
"Live to pick live..."
You are a jew..... but since you might've not killed jesus..... and you arn't related to Kyle Brovlovsky........ I'll tell you just to not put a finish on your neck. I sanded mine off and love it without that sticky-when-hot stuff. Also it makes it have a funny look, like that sheen when somebody dyes their hair black? (not that it's purpledy, just that kinda sheen.....like charlie)
Quote by LZRocker
You are a jew..... but since you might've not killed jesus..... and you arn't related to Kyle Brovlovsky........ I'll tell you just to not put a finish on your neck. I sanded mine off and love it without that sticky-when-hot stuff. Also it makes it have a funny look, like that sheen when somebody dyes their hair black? (not that it's purpledy, just that kinda sheen.....like charlie)

I must say whilst browsing this when i saw this post i could not stop laughing Land Insurance really made me laugh.
Last edited by bonkodb at Jan 5, 2012,