Page 1 of 2
Because I prefer melody over random screaming and bad solo wanking.

Newb.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
hahahahhaa, you listen to heavy metal. What are you 12?

how can take yourself seriously knowing that you listen to metal? stop being such a ridiculous cliche - aka being a 'macho' idiot. god you must suck
Quote by Psychedelic
emo is random screaming...........

You're thinking screamo.

I just checked out the thread starters favorite bands. He doesn't listen to heavy metal. He listens to nu-metal. That's almost as gay as emo.
Quote by noxiosimitator

Quote by Psychedelic
emo is random screaming...........

lol, someone who likes classic rock. Go get a music taste that isn't your dad's please.
cos emo is cool (uhuh i said it, and yea i am takin the pi$$) you guys dress the same, withzer independance you still cant collectively make a good song
Grammar Nazi.
I hate treads like this, I don't even like metal or emo, I prefer classic rock. But honestly, do you expect straight answers? Just shut the **** up and let people listen to whatever they want.
Please help me by reviewing my lyrics
Quote by kerrang
cos emo is cool (uhuh i said it, and yea i am takin the pi$$) you guys dress the same, withzer independance you still cant collectively make a good song

seriously what ARE you doing. You like the ramones, then complain about people dressing the same and not bieng able to write good songs. Just stop. Altogether.
I love all the "you guys" and the "you emos."

Emo is just a genre. Maybe you guys should look past the MTV definition and the radio songs and find out alittle more about it.
Quote by noxiosimitator

Ok, take it from someone who basically loves every form of music imaginable, except modern rap and your emo stuff. And one who's roots lie in the blues and soul, the truest music you can find.

Why do you like it so much? I really dont see any originality in any part of it, weather it be the actual music or the clothes you guys say you have to wear to be apart of that "scene" thing. You know, I really dont get any of it.

Nor do I really care, just curious. You like what you like, and I like what I like.
emo music is probably the most homosexual cut my name into my arm because I hate myself bull**** that I have ever heard of!
Quote by ManInABox90
emo music is probably the most homosexual cut my name into my arm because I hate myself bull**** that I have ever heard of!

Yeah. why cut yourself when you can OD like Layne Staley?
Quote by noxiosimitator

Quote by Maj_Tom
I hate treads like this, I don't even like metal or emo, I prefer classic rock. But honestly, do you expect straight answers? Just shut the **** up and let people listen to whatever they want.

precisely, people are free to like whatever music they want, so just bugger off.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Ok, take it from someone who basically loves every form of music imaginable, except modern rap and your emo stuff. And one who's roots lie in the blues and soul, the truest music you can find.

Why do you like it so much? I really dont see any originality in any part of it, weather it be the actual music or the clothes you guys say you have to wear to be apart of that "scene" thing. You know, I really dont get any of it.

Nor do I really care, just curious. You like what you like, and I like what I like.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

stop being so prejudgemental.
god you're stupid.

are you saying you're not being the sligtest prejudgmental when you say ' the clothes you guys say you have to wear to be apart of that "scene" thing.'

??
Oh Bob, leave him alone. He listens to blues, the TRUEST music man! Like John Mayer!

Quote by noxiosimitator

Hey, I also said I truely dont understand any part of it. Seriously, all I understand is that people around my town, are like that. They all where the exact same things, and im just trying to understand why you have to put a look on a genre of music? Or better yet, im probably seeing the wrong side of Emo, so more importantly im trying to better understand it myself.

I was not trying to be predjudgmental, nor was I trying to offend anyone. I for one am not a 13 year old boy who thinks he has the right to go around and say something sucks.

EDIT: Ok, so now your making fun of the music I like, when I never did it to yours. Thats not right, nor the maturest thing to do. And yes, I do like John Mayer, but thats not what I meant by blues. And all I meant by "truest", was that without that style of music, you wouldnt have a lot of the music of today. And you damn right know that.
Last edited by WyldeGibsonPlyr at Jun 18, 2006,
anyone else getting a sense of deja vu here?
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by bobjewell87
hahahahhaa, you listen to heavy metal. What are you 12?

how can take yourself seriously knowing that you listen to metal? stop being such a ridiculous cliche - aka being a 'macho' idiot. god you must suck

It's funny when an emo kid says, "Stop being so cliche".

*giggle*
Quote by Acid Bath
i listen to Heavy metal, and have been wondering why the heck you people like this music?

This guy is a disgrace to metal. I just heard about this guy maybe 3 minutes ago, and I already feel he's one of the stupidest people ever to grace UG with his awful, awful presence.

I probably dislike emo more than most, but what's bitching about it on an emo forum going to do? Get even more people to hate you for the dumbass that you are?

Look, I can admit that I dislike emo, and I can admit I've done my share of unfair emo bashing, but you have to realize, what the hell is it going to accomplish? You're not going to change them...either they listen to emo because it's what they like, or they're brainless sheep; either way, they don't want to (or in the latter case, aren't capable of the cognitive functions required to) change their tastes just because some dumbass who listens to Korn says "lolz0rz em0 blowz listin to KORN dey REAL METAL!!1!!1one".

Threadstarter, grow some fucking balls.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr

EDIT: Ok, so now your making fun of the music I like, when I never did it to yours.

Well if that's the way life worked then nobody would ever do anything now would they?
Quote by noxiosimitator

Quote by bobjewell87
lol, someone who likes classic rock. Go get a music taste that isn't your dad's please.

Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
yawn, this isn't going to go anywhere.

'blues' opened up the door for music, i guess. But that doesnt make it good. I mean you don't see people riding around on steam engines and copies of the wright brothers plane because they were the first to do it.

DEAR GOD SUNDAYS ARE DULL
Quote by Slut
Well if that's the way life worked then nobody would ever do anything now would they?

I've seen both you and WyldeGibsonPlyr around, and from what I've seen each of you post, I'd have to say I've found him to be more intelligent than you.

Even disregarding that, you're just throwing around insults for no point - he never insulted the music you like; there was no point in insulting the music he likes.

You're just contributing to the mass stupidity of people today.

VINDICEDIT:

bobjewell87 - so by your definition, classical music, blues, classic rock, etc. is all crap because it's old?

Well, that's obvious...all the BEST bands just released their new CDs today! And of course, they all followed exactly what everyone else was doing!

Fuck those asshats who try to be original and pioneer something new! More "music" for the sheep!

FIGHT THE LOGIC!
Last edited by Vindication at Jun 18, 2006,
Quote by Archaon
It's funny when an emo kid says, "Stop being so cliche".

*giggle*

oh get back to the shire.

EDIT: i dread to think of the pounding he's ^^ gonna get...
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
weather it be the actual music or the clothes you guys say you have to wear to be apart of that "scene" thing.

WOW go die
Beauty Supreme

I dont even know why I came into this thread, I saw it, and I wanted to learn something. But apparently I cant have an adult, or mature conversation with someone.

So just nevermind.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
I dont even know why I came into this thread, I saw it, and I wanted to learn something. But apparently I cant have an adult, or mature conversation with someone.

So just nevermind.

You realize how ironic that is, considering your saying the most retarded stereotypical things in here.
Beauty Supreme

Pardon? I believe I said one thing, which you pointed out. And I believe I answered that with this:

Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Hey, I also said I truely dont understand any part of it. Seriously, all I understand is that people around my town, are like that. They all where the exact same things, and im just trying to understand why you have to put a look on a genre of music? Or better yet, im probably seeing the wrong side of Emo, so more importantly im trying to better understand it myself.

I was not trying to be predjudgmental, nor was I trying to offend anyone. I for one am not a 13 year old boy who thinks he has the right to go around and say something sucks.

And also bringing in the fact on me wanting to learn something.

But seriously, just forget about and have a good afternoon.
Tell us what emo stands for, and then name one emo band.

Didn't think so.

Seriously, the threadstarter...wow..just..wow.
Quote by Guitarist132
You realize how ironic that is, considering your saying the most retarded stereotypical things in here.

He asked why you listen to it, because he doesn't see any originality in it.

How is that one of "the most retarded stereotypical things in here"?

He just wanted an honest opinion...frankly, I don't see much originality in it either; perhaps the bands that are taking it in a new direction are really underground or something, I don't know. Did it occur to you that maybe, just maybe, he wanted an answer, instead of a bunch of "OMFG U N00b U SO RETARDED AN STEREOTYPCAL!!" comments.

VINDICEDIT:

To the guy above me...

HE SAID IT HIMSELF IN YOUR QUOTE.

"Or better yet, im probably seeing the wrong side of Emo, so more importantly im trying to better understand it myself."

Again, just a thought...maybe all he's got to base that comment off are bands like Hawthorne Heights? I mean, from the things I've heard from them and other bands like them...because they call themselves emo, it makes me damn dubious of anyone who wants me to listen to anything emo; I instantly think it's like Hawthorne Heights or something.

You guys are, in a way, being just as stupid as the threadstarter...while the threadstarter is a dumbshit who thinks nu-metal is the best, you guys are being idiots who instantly attack anyone with any questions about emo.

VINDICEDIT:

Way to remove the quote from your post in an attempt to save yourself from looking like a dumbass.
Last edited by Vindication at Jun 18, 2006,
we should really let this thread die.

we've all seen it before, it gets really quite irritating.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Quote by Vindication
He asked why you listen to it, because he doesn't see any originality in it.

How is that one of "the most retarded stereotypical things in here"?

He just wanted an honest opinion...frankly, I don't see much originality in it either; perhaps the bands that are taking it in a new direction are really underground or something, I don't know. Did it occur to you that maybe, just maybe, he wanted an answer, instead of a bunch of "OMFG U N00b U SO RETARDED AN STEREOTYPCAL!!" comments.

That's the point, people bash something they know nothing about.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
I never bashed anything. And your right, I truely dont know much about it, but thats why I wanted to learn about it.

Ah well then I like people like you.

Check the emo essentials thread.

Okay, emo, you're talking quiet acoustic side projects that sing about heartbreak and loss and addiction and pain? you're talking dashboard confessional, the spill canvas, bright eyes? They have melodies and meaningful lyrics apparently. Maybe some people like depth and meaning in their music besides random shredding through the whole song.
Page 1 of 2