Nu metal is metal, and what the heck is "real metal" supposed to mean!?

there are so many catagorys of metal there is no such thing as "real metal"

to me Nu metal is another catagory and should be put with metal.

i do however think that some bands in the Nu metal catagory are not metal ( linkin park, papa roach,.........) and should be taken out of the catagory.

but bands such as ( KoRn, Slipknot,Mudvayne, SOAD,........) should remain in a metal catagory.

i mean black sabbath was 1 of the first metal bands right? and the bands some people consider "real metal" dont even sound like that.

long story short, putting bands in catagrys these days realy sucks.
Simple. Everything that is not something that's not metal, is metal. Nu metal is something that is not metal. If it's not something that isn't not metal, then it's not metal!
Because the "real" metalheads hate all the numetalers and there would be way too many arguements if it was all in this subforum
Quote by chemicalsolutio
you're gay, **** off and die, it's THAT simple.

Well, a little uneloquent, but that's about the gist of it.
If we allowed Nu-Metal and Metalcore in here. 90% of the threads would be Nu-Metal/Metalcore. And we don't want to see that. We want to talk about real metal. Not the latest in Crappy Mallcore, like every other little Twat would if we allowed them.

THAT, is why.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by kingvinsanity
Nu metal sucks point blank lets leave it at that

2nd..
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin

Pm me and I'll give you a link to God's forum! It still needs mods

62% of teens smoke pot, put this in your profile if you like lesbians

I agree with you but most of Nu -Metal isnt even nu metal, the genre is a wasteland for funk metal/and heavy alt/modern rock.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Because Nu Metal is WAAAAAAAY too Xtreme Xcore for a forum like this.

Didn't you know????
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
pretty much if a band isn't solely influenced by metal, it doesn't count as metal.

Not really...
Quote by Acid Bath
Why isnt Nu metal in here??
Nu-metal isn't metal...

...because you touch yourself at night.
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
pretty much if a band isn't solely influenced by metal, it doesn't count as metal.

So Michael Amott isn't metal then.

Right?

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Quote by apocalypse13
Because Nu Metal is WAAAAAAAY too Xtreme Xcore for a forum like this.

Didn't you know????

nice
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin

Pm me and I'll give you a link to God's forum! It still needs mods

62% of teens smoke pot, put this in your profile if you like lesbians

Quote by Acid Bath

to me,

And there's the problem with your statement.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
And there's the problem with your statement.
So true...

btw, threadstarter...

*reported*
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
that was sarcasm.

oh, sorry...
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

I think Nu Metal and Metalcore is metal, but it just seems easier to separate them here, because not a lot of people seem to like more than one. People seem to have a hard time dealing with not enjoying every type of metal, so if they don't like it, it's not metal.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
Quote by Black Hole Sun
I think Nu Metal and Metalcore is metal, but it just seems easier to separate them here, because not a lot of people seem to like more than one. People seem to have a hard time dealing with not enjoying every type of metal, so if they don't like it, it's not metal.

No...
Just becuase someone doesn't like something it doesn't mean that it isn't metal. For example, if someone hates, say, Nile(which who would ) doesn't mean there their instantly stripped of metaldom. It comes down to the music, and lyric topics. Metal has 100x more mature lyrics then nu-metal/metalcore, and the music is much more complicated and conveys much more feeling.

^You're gonna tell me Cannibal Corpse's lyrics are mature?

Actually what decides if something is metal is...

me... I'm the authority on the subject. If you have any questions on who is metal and who isn't, feel free to ask me because I am the deciding factor. However, bear in mind that due to my position as the all-knowing metal guru I am quite busy answering questions of lesser and non metalheads so it may take some time for me to get back with you
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
You have to understand that Nu-Metal and Metalcore are Metal with a fusion of another genre. And usually, they have detracted so far away from Metal that most of the elements of it are crap.

So, no, not metal.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything