Poll: What first?
Poll Options
View poll results: What first?
Pickups
0 0%
Amp
14 100%
Voters: 14.
I'm in sort of a dilema and I want your opinions on what I should do.

Before I get to the question...you'll need some info.

Guitar: Jackson DXMGT(Hardtail, String Thru, Alder Body, Bolt-On Maple Neck, EMG-Hz H3's)
Amp: Peavey Transtube Envoy 110(SS, Somewhat "Tube Emulating?" )

The pickups in my guitar SUCK. I have enough money to buy new pickups. But.....I want to purchase a Peavey 6505/5150 Combo.

Would you buy new pups or keep saving for the amp?

Either way the pickups will be changed eventually. They suck, but I love how this guitar plays.

Pickups wise, I'm looking at DiMarzio's. Air Norton/Paf Pro for the neck. Bridge is between the Super 3, D Sonic, and the Tone Zone. I don't want Botique level pickups, I'm not a pro. I love Barenuckles, but they're not for me....too expensive.

Edit: I know that the amp will improve my tone more, but I really want to get rid of these bad pickups.
Quote by capt_dammit
I'm in sort of a dilema and I want your opinions on what I should do.

Before I get to the question...you'll need some info.

Guitar: Jackson DXMGT(Hardtail, String Thru, Alder Body, Bolt-On Maple Neck, EMG-Hz H3's)
Amp: Peavey Transtube Envoy 110(SS, Somewhat "Tube Emulating?" )

The pickups in my guitar SUCK. I have enough money to buy new pickups. But.....I want to purchase a Peavey 6505/5150 Combo.

Would you buy new pups or keep saving for the amp?

Either way the pickups will be changed eventually. They suck, but I love how this guitar plays.

Pickups wise, I'm looking at DiMarzio's. Air Norton/Paf Pro for the neck. Bridge is between the Super 3, D Sonic, and the Tone Zone. I don't want Botique level pickups, I'm not a pro. I love Barenuckles, but they're not for me....too expensive.

Edit: I know that the amp will improve my tone more, but I really want to get rid of these bad pickups.

Save for a new amp.
Pickups are for that last little boost, like, when everything else is in place but theres that little tinge of something you dont like. Then again...

What's your income? If I had a good income, like.. enough for the pickups in one paycheck, i'd get the pickups first, though they wont affect your tone too much through a crappy amp (they may kick ass but you not realise it through that crappy amp). The amp would only be off by about a week later, so noone would be offended. Plus, if you get the pickups after, you'll have to wait there with a sweet, but unplayable amp in your house.
Quote by thatgu1targuy
id get the amp

see refixer, you quoted the original post again lol

I typically do it because someone else usually replies before me and it looks like I'm replying to them instead of the threadstarter.
so even though the pups suck so bad...i should save for the amp. ok....now i gotta wait. i knew i should anyways :p

to the person who mentioned paycheck...well right now i'm broke and its the first of the week. i've got $30 in the bank..woo hoo. i work 2 jobs. i'm not making ****... the first job pays to little, my 2nd job doesn't give me enough hours >_<. i owe money on top of all this..so before i can start the real saving i've got like a month to go.

edit: the money that i do have, i can't touch for 2 weeks...birthday.
Last edited by capt_dammit at Jun 18, 2006,
yeah dude

i made the mistake of getting EMGs before an amp.....yeah.

now im getting a 6505 and a marshall jcm1960a 4x12..so yeha...one babdass rig
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Buy the amp used, then you'll have money left over for pickups.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Buy the amp used, then you'll have money left over for pickups.

How when I'll buy the amp as soon as I have money to buy it?

Meaning I spent it ALL on the amp.