could someone tell me what the difference between f spaced and regular humbuckers are because i want to get some new pickups but i dont know what these are?
I think that F-spaced are for floyd roses and other two point tremolos.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
"f" in "f-spaced" stands for fender. "regular" spacing tends to refer to gibson spacing (most guitars are spaced like gibsons which is why they dont just call it gibson spacing). Spacing is how far apart the strings are at the bridge. thus, the pickups are designed so that the pole pieces are aligned with the strings.

Tell me if that explanation doesn't make sense because i kind of confused myself while trying to think of how to word it.
I kind of understood that. If I have a guitar with a strat shape body, that's not a strat, which should i get?
Peace.
hmm, it still might not be f-spaced. probably go to a music store with your guitar and either compare pickups or ask one of the clerks to take a look
Quote by lawn gnome
hmm, it still might not be f-spaced. probably go to a music store with your guitar and either compare pickups or ask one of the clerks to take a look

f spaced is for floyd rose equipted guitars..... dumbass...
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
haha you are close, but not quite. Floyd's are f-spaced, yes, but f-spacing refers literally to fender guitars, which PRETTY MUCH ALL have f-spacing whether they have a floyd rose trem or not. I'm not going to debate who has the more intelligent bum bum between the two of us, but i'll trust that you look into it to make sure you're correct the next time you consider flaming. flamer
yeah f spaced is not JUST for floyd guitars, it IS infact called fender spacing, but also applys to floyds and most traditional trem bridges.
I just asked this question in another thread in the gear and accessories forum. Fenders dont have more spacing, thats why you can put say, a seymour duncan JB in either a fender or gibson, but apparently you can put either type in a guitar, there's basically no noticeable difference. Plus that would explain why Seymour Duncan doesn't have that option, I think Billy Joe Armstrong put a JB in his old strat.