1. Fender HSS Strat. Rosewood fretboard. Brown sunburst finish.
2. Gibson Les Paul. Undetermined model. Tobacco or Sunburst finish.
3. Other (Please Specify)

Ive been playing for about 8 months. Im looking to save up for my next guitar. Im looking for something very, very versitile. I like playing anything from 70's classic rock, to modern rock. I currently have a Vox AD30VT. The Fender is cheaper, but the Les Paul has always been a dream guitar of mine. Ive also been told that strats arent too good for Metal.

What do you guys think is the better choice for me?
From that selection I'd go for the Les Paul, if I could afford the hefty price tag. I don't really see the point of HSS Strats, 'coz they don't sound like Strats!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
les paul if its always been your dream go for it
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
i agree with strat monkey hss strats don't sound like strats

the les paul although if you start to shred les paul's arn't so good for shredding
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
What do you guys think is the best Les Paul for me? I cant try one without driving for over an hour. Theres alot of types, from the Studio, Custom, '57, '58, '59, the Standard, ect. Which is the best for its price?
Dunno man, I'm no Les Paul expert. I'd recommend checking out all the specs and prices yourself, rather than accepting the advice of us friendly strangers though
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
You can't lose with either guitars. But since you've only been playing for 8 months and you are a novice, the gear may not match your skills. Realistically speaking, I would probably go for a MIM HSS Strat since it's much cheaper. You can always upgrade your guitar again at another time as your skills develop.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Dunno man, I'm no Les Paul expert. I'd recommend checking out all the specs and prices yourself, rather than accepting the advice of us friendly strangers though

Im just taking all the advice I can get to narrow my selection down.

Ive heard the Studios arent that great, but my guitar teacher said he had one a few years ago, and said it wasnt bad. He also just got a Les Paul Custom, which is georgous.