or am I. If I got an epiphone custom sg which has three humbuckers that I think is dumb, could I replace them (two), leave the second one out, and get a full pickguard to cover the cavity? I don't know much about electronics so could you help me out?
...Yes. But why not just get an SG with two pickups, you weirdo?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
lol u would just be wasting money

just get the SG standard it has two pickups and you can find them in white
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
How could you not like such a secksi guitar? You could take the pickup out and get a full pickgaurd but I would just sell it and get the one I wanted.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by YoungPilgrim
How could you not like such a secksi guitar? You could take the pickup out and get a full pickgaurd but I would just sell it and get the one I wanted.

I don't own it.
Quote by Cocnut Rag
lol u would just be wasting money

just get the SG standard it has two pickups and you can find them in white

Why? Epi Sg $500 (all prices approx. by the way) 2 57' classic/plus $200, and sperzel locking $60=$760. Gibson Sg Standard, hardware and p/u's=$1700. The epi has an ebony fingerboard and binding on the headstock (I just orgasmed)...
Because Epiphone's aren't that good.

I think he meant get a standard two pickup Epiphone SG, if that's your price range, not one with three pickups that you won't use.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
just get a used gibson sg
Quote by Duff_McGee

<----This is a man
goddamnit no. Epiphone doesn't make any other sg's other than the custom that isn't **** i.e. the 310
Quote by Cocnut Rag
just get a used gibson sg

tryin but they don't have any on ebay right now....
Quote by Mikelikesit
I don't own it.

OH! Ok, you should get a dual humbucker model and refinish it.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
What the f*ck is with all these Epiphone haters? My God...Have you idiots even TRIED some Epiphones to have an opinion on them? Or are you just name whoring? You all suggest "get a Gibson." Why? Why the hell would you want some low end Gibson that's garbage with an expensive name?

Topic Creator, get the guitar you want. Don't settle for less because some ass hole on UG says Epiphones suck.

If you don't have it yet, you won't know how much the third humbucker will bother you. You may actually like it, so I would suggest that you go try it first. If you can't try one, look at trying the Epi LP Black Beauty. It has three humbuckers, so at least you'll be able tog et a feel for having three. Try a G-400 as well to make sure you like the feel of it-the Custom will be nearly the same as the regular G-400.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Why get rid of the middle pup? It only adds sexiness and more tonal variaty. It doesn't hurt having it in, so if I were you, i'd just keep it in. Its too much trouble having to get a new pickguard and taking the middle pup out anyway.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
it's harder to pick with 3 humbuckers
Quote by Duff_McGee

<----This is a man
Quote by Xenn99
You all suggest "get a Gibson." Why? Why the hell would you want some low end Gibson that's garbage with an expensive name?

Umm... Epiphone IS Gibson. It's their low end brand. A little like Squier is to Fender.
Currently Playing:
1986 H-H Contemporary Fender Telecaster
Backup:
Ibanez Ex Series
Customized SSS Starter Stratocaster
Quote by Xenn99
Why the hell would you want some low end Gibson that's garbage with an expensive name?

My Gibson doesn't suck. IDK about yours though...^^

And threadstarter, you shouldn't be basing your decision solely on what color the guitar is. If you don't like the 3 pickups, don't get one with 3 pickups. Get a G-400 Deluxe or something if the SG is the feel that you want. Looks should be the last of your worries.. In terms of playability, however, SGs are, IMO, one of the easiest and most comfortable guitars to play. Go try one and see if its what you really want.

However, if the white look is all you're concerned with, check out the Epi Les Paul Custom in Antique Ivory or Alpine White
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518350

Quote by Sn^ke
You are retarded... For wanting an SG.

You are retarted... for saying that

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Last edited by ScreaminBlues25 at Jun 19, 2006,