Okay so i was playing when my amp fell over(its really small, around 19 volts). Something happened to the input jack and now when i have the cable in there it will wiggle around a lot and either partially or fully cut out the signal. I was wondering if this could be fixed or if i just need to get a new amp alltogether.
Nah, that'll be fixable. If you can't do it then a techy can. Just make sure you don't do it again!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
it can be easily fixed... refer to this month's guitar world for more info...i dont feel like looking it up
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
it sounds like when the amp fell the soldering on the input was partially ripped this job is best left to a technichian
Quote by mad-axe-man
it sounds like when the amp fell the soldering on the input was partially ripped this job is best left to a technichian

Soldering takes about 5 seconds and cost's alot less than taking it to a technician

:]
^^Yeah, anyone can re-solder an input jack. I always recommend taking things to a techy if you're a newbie though, 'coz the ingenuity of the ignorant when it comes to spectacular cockups never ceases to surprise me.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I just don't want him/her to take it to a technician and get charged $50 for something that he could of done himself/herself for $15.

To the threadstarter.. If you can solder, or learn to solder, that is your best option. Taking it to a technician could cost you alot of money that doesn't need to be spent.

If you're unsure on the soldering, just take it to a technician. Don't risk messing it up if you don't know what your doing..
Last edited by chase312 at Jun 18, 2006,
I didn't mean you, I meant kids who were like me when I first took up guitar and knew absolutely f*ck all about the thing and could end up doing anything you can imagine in the noble cause of f*cking stuff up good and proper.

I aim to please. Or at least not to upset too much...

I think the threadstarter's gone actually, so all of our useful advise is drifting pointlessly through cyberspace... sigh.

I'm not gone. I am going to take it to a guitar store to get it fixed tomorrow as i really don't know what i am doing and don't want to mess it up.
It's dead easy man, you'll kick yourself if you waste cash on it, but what the hell, it's your amp and your money.