Recently I lowered the action of my guitar and it seems to make my legato playing sound better. But, the ninth fret on the low E string makes a horrible buzzing noise when I strum it and the A string sounds strange, almost muted-like, when I strum it. I tried to raising the action but that didn't work for either.
Raise the action some more.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I'd atke it to yer local guitar shop and get a techi to re-set the action for you. It's cheap, sometimes free and they will make an accurate job of it. Messing with the action is a bad idea if you don't know what you are doing.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
What guitar you got?

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Erm... sounds like now you raised the action too much. I don't know much about your guitar (I didn't laugh, I'm too tired) so I can't be more help than that. I'm going to go with recommending that you take it to your local techy to sort out. Get him to explain the problem and how he sorted it out though, so that you can deal with it in future.

^ lower the action to where its comfortable and u only have that one buzz problem.

seems like ur fret is high in that one spot.
examine the fret, see if it looks high. put a short straight edge across three frets, see if it tilts up or down as u run it over that area.

if u want to work on that fret. or feel like u can adjust the whole neck to compensate for that high neck then repost.

and answer azn, we can try to fix it at the nut too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011