Alright, so me and a couple friends got bored, so we started a second band. We sat down and wrote and recorded this song in about an hour. Just wanted to see if any one liked it, because this may be a project worth persuing. The recording is a little fuzzy, but not too bad overall. If you leave me a link, I will crit yours too. Thanks in advance.

The songs is called "Field Of Broken Hearts"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=553804
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
Last edited by guitarwylde03 at Jun 18, 2006,
Definately Not bad dude, I totally get the whole sing/scream chorus. The screamer ****in ROCKS, the guitaring definately fit real well, kinda As I Lay Dying sound to it. Breakdowns werent bad but i dunno...maybe for the chorus, have the lead singer go through by himself then add the whole harmony type thing to it the second time though...that'd prolly sound a little better...more dynamic if you catch what i'm sayin. Over all, ****in ruled all.
Thanks fo the crit man. I'll definately try that. The breakdowns are boring, and I wanted to change them, but was short on time.

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Good guitars and very tight. The music sounds alot like Iron Maiden... the vocals sounds like Pantera.

I think the vocals and the music clash... I like the softer singing instead of the screaming. Add melody to the vocals.

All in All, I think it's worth pursuing.
----------------------------------------
C4C- this is a first time jam session with the second guitarist and second meeting with the drummer. We switch back and fourth from rhythm and lead... The outro lead is mine - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377659
The guitars are very tight. Good job on that. The verses are good. I know what you mean about the breakdowns. You can probably spice those up. The chorus sounds a little repetitive, but the lyrics fit. Maybe less on the kick and more on the crash. It fits, but you could maybe do a little more.

But good ending. It was a good finish.

I Listened to it twice.
I'm diggin this. The vocals remind me of Atreyu, but the guitars are more Metalish. Love it.

Pretty impressive for only an hours' worth of work.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Black Hearts Now Reign
My Shiz

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
For an hour of work that's pretty damn good sounding.. You guys should write some more songs
Thanks for the comments. I think this is something we will continue with, but it maytake time, conisdering that we all have already established bands. We won't all be able to get together very often, but we write very well together. Once again, Thanks!!!

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
i like it. dont know what id change about it...
very emo/screamo influenced, tho i dont usually listen to anything like that.good job on the song

just i think it could be mixed better volume wise.
my computer won't stream something for some reason, give me a download link or something.

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
This is very good! I like the screaming, it's fits well to the song, so props to the singer. The guitar playing was great too, very metalish. The drums was great too.
Amazing song, for being written and recorded in an hour! 10/10
Hey man I appreciate it. Our singer is in New Jersey for some family stuff right now, but we hope to write and record some more and have a set ready by the end of July. I'll post new stuff as we get it done.

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
I'm not the singer, so I can't give you any tips. But I really liked the guitar work in World Domination, well done.

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Critting as I listen....
Nice intro, guitar sounds a little fuzzy.
Scream fits well, very energetic (lawl I said fuzzy before, my mistake).
The doubled screams don't sound very good, I think you should keep just the higher-pitched one for the verse, and use only the melodic voice for the chorus.
Breakdown sounds a little too choppy.
Very nice ending.
Pretty nice, I enjoyed it!
Crit mine?
Last edited by ygokazuki at Jun 21, 2006,
Yeah, we recorded with a crate 15 watt practice amp, so it was really fuzzy. The breakdown is supposed to be choppy, it's part of the style. I didn't like the doubled screams either, that will be changed. Thanks for the input.

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Just finished listening to it, the guitar work sounds good, the tone is a bit fuzzy, even though others have already said that too, I still think it's a bit fuzzy though, but yeah, the vocals aren't really the kind that I would like, but it sounds like you did a really great job with them regardless, the breakdown part was really nice too, a bit fuzzy like the other guitar parts, but still really nice. I also like the harmonizing in the starting riff. Overall, it's a really great song, great vocals too, not exactly my kind of music as I said before, but still very great.
I usually write more power metal stuff like yours, but this is something I've always wanted to try, and I liked it.

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab