Hey, I'm in need of a good distortion pedal. I play mostly metalcore and hardcore. The pedal should be pretty cost effective. Id be using it with a Randall RG200G2.

Also, I know some pedals will make a lot of noise, so if someone could reccomend a good noise gate to go with it as well, that would be great.

Thanks
i like the digitech metal master pedal. as long as you have dual humbuckers, theres almost no buzzing at all. and it has many different variations of play...and its cheap. i LOVE it
The boss ds-1 is a pretty good distortion pedal for the price. It costs around $40.
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
Quote by friendoftheend
The boss ds-1 is a pretty good distortion pedal for the price. It costs around $40.

the ds-1s are crap man, if you wanna good heavy pedal go with the digitech uber metal or the boss metal zone. and a good noise gate would b the mxr one
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
i like the digitech metal master pedal. as long as you have dual humbuckers, theres almost no buzzing at all. and it has many different variations of play...and its cheap. i LOVE it

Yeah they're pretty good however they have a LOT of feedback
Boss DS-1 are not crap. They are widely used among Pro guitarists.
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
I own an MT-2 and it's a GREAT distortion pedal. Don't be thrown off by the metal zone name, it also provides great Blue overdrive if used on the clean channel. 0 feedback if used with a decent cable. Just great, can give you that awesome Annihilator type thrash distortion and even a early Judas Priest style warm crunch. You just gotta' master the EQ and not always set the dist to max.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Quote by 94 hours
the ds-1s are crap man, if you wanna good heavy pedal go with the digitech uber metal or the boss metal zone. and a good noise gate would b the mxr one

+1 to the Line 6 uber metal, as long as it's EQ'd right you can get pretty much anything from it
Okay, so right now it looks like its going to be a Line 6 Uber Metal and an MXR Noise gate.

Here's a really noob question, would I play the distortion through my distortion channel or my clean channel? Would it sound too wierd playing through my distortion channel?
Clean channel FTW...

Distortion channel means the pedal goes on top of the already existant amp distortion which will give you FEEDBACK like crazy...
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
ok you are aware the uber metal already has a noise gate btw? Plus buy a power adaptor with it.......that thing eats batteries
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
ok you are aware the uber metal already has a noise gate btw? Plus buy a power adaptor with it.......that thing eats batteries

nope i wasnt, thanks

I saw in some thread while searching for it that its not a loud pedal. Is this true?
^ I read in the guitar world review that there is no volume boost, so yeah, it distorts the sound but doesnt make it louder
Quote by Macank
^^ strat? i want to get a stratocaster sound though!!

Fender Classic 60's Strat
Yamaha AES 720 (On the way!!!)
Ibanez GAX 30
Traynor YCV 40
Boss DS-1
EHX Big Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Ibanez CF-7
Ibanez DE-7