Ok a few weeks back I posted about having a warped neck. To this post I got many different responses ranging from adjust the truss rod to is screwed and you need a new neck. My bass teacher, who is amazing at guitar and bass was, the one who informed me of my neck being warped. He didnt make a huge deal about it and said he could adjust it. I went back a few weeks later and asked him about it he took a look, and he said my neck un-warped itself. I was baffled by the comment, so I asked him to explain. He said due to temperature ur neck will bend sometime, he then followed this up by saying his guitar does it all the time. To this I responed "I thought warped=f***** up. He told me when my neck it twisted all the way to one side or the other is when your guitar neck is in jeapordy. I though a twisted neck meant it was warped....Im confused someone care to clariffy? And yes my bass teacher knows what hes doing he actually works at guitar store, and has been playing for numerous years.
A warped neck can mean a number of things. It usually means that your neck is bowing in or out too much (pretty easily fixable). Or it could mean that the neck is twisted, but in most cases if your neck is twisted everyone will call it a twisted neck, not a warped one.
*Mind exlpodes*

Thanks I get it now.

Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Does your guitar teacher ever speak of attending Hogwarts?

^
That's really clever, I meen absolutly brilliant......
Is your bass neck made of Play Doh?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Does your guitar teacher ever speak of attending Hogwarts?

Lmfao , my friend i am sigging this right away hahaha
Is warping generally just caused by sudden changes in humidity/pressure? How might one prevent it?
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
Is warping generally just caused by sudden changes in humidity/pressure? How might one prevent it?

dont heat your room on a hot day and dont play outside on a cold one

also, if you have your window closed 24/7 for 3 months straight, and for one day you decide youre room needs a little bit of fresh air, maybe consider leaving your bass in its case for that 1 day?

you should be able to tell if the temp/humidity changes anything on your bass: it usually gets out of tune. if youre instrument can hold its tuning if sitting there for a week (atleast close to perfectly) and one day its perfect, and the next its not, and all the strings are equally sharp/flat, you can probably assume its the weather.
Quote by SnuffdaCrimDog
I though a twisted neck meant it was warped....Im confused someone care to clariffy? And yes my bass teacher knows what hes doing he actually works at guitar store, and has been playing for numerous years.

The last person you should openly trust with your instrument is someone who works at a music store; 99% are salespersons, a warped neck will very rarely if ever be sucessfuly straightened due to the twist that has developed (not to be confused with a bowed neck).
There are so many 'Old wives tales' about these issues, my feeling is that your basse's neck was not warped in the first place.
To reiterate store your instrument safely when not in use and you will greatly reduce the risk of problems like this.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn