Does anyone know anything about what model Matt Heafy's (Trivium) white or black Les Paul is?
Is it Epiphone? Gibson?
Did he have the EMG's installed or did they come stock?

Any help would be great
Epi LP--->Digitech RP3--->Crate GT-200
Last edited by metalmania91 at Jun 18, 2006,
I thought so.
Doesnt he have black hardware on it?

EDIT: nevermind just saw a pic. its gold.
sorry
Epi LP--->Digitech RP3--->Crate GT-200
I think he's got a Gibby LP Supreme in white and LP Custom in black. Both fitted with EMGs.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
he used to use a white les paul supreme and a black les paul custom with an EMG 81 in the bridge and an 89 in the neck.

now he's being gay and playing all the razorbacks to remember dime or something like that.
Yeah, the razorbacks and MLs have taken over so they can look more metal. They are playing off dimes death.
it's pathetic really........i must say they are cool guitars but seriously why profit off dime's death, plus why give the custom razorbacks to trivium......(they are good but not that good)
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
it's pathetic really........i must say they are cool guitars but seriously why profit off dime's death, plus why give the custom razorbacks to trivium......(they are good but not that good)

Actually, both of the guys from Trivium are extremly good guitar players. They dont show it alot though.
Duh dude, First of all, They're REAL good friends with Dime's wife, Second of all she's the one who gave them the guitars...So if you're gona bash someone, get all the info..Douche.
Quote by BigBagBill
Duh dude, First of all, They're REAL good friends with Dime's wife, Second of all she's the one who gave them the guitars...So if you're gona bash someone, get all the info..Douche.

still, they should just stick to what they did. everywhere they go they say dime this and dime that.
i love their music and can't wait for their new album, but the dime tribute thing is getting old.
Quote by BigBagBill

Listen here noob, i know the story.

They are playing off his death, doing pantera songs, using dimes guitars. They are trying to bring in Pantera fans to their music. So what, they know his wife. Big deal. They are using him as an outreach to people who normally wouldnt listen to metalcore. Now gtfo.
im looking forward to the new album more purely because they said they're taking more of an influence from john petrucci (using his sig 7 string and all), and petrucci pretty much pwns all.........

is it just me or do they're ascendancy album seem dated already, i mean every new band nowadays is kinda sounding the same....the crusades should be awesome though
Quote by TheFluffy

They are playing off his death, doing pantera songs, using dimes guitars. They are trying to bring in Pantera fans to their music. So what, they know his wife. Big deal. They are using him as an outreach to people who normally wouldnt listen to metalcore. Now gtfo.

as much as i love their music, you are right
Quote by TheFluffy

Really? Why do I doubt a 14 yr old that is spouting out his ass?
Ibanez SZ 520
Ibanez Rg270 dx
crate Gt200 Tube/Solid Hybrid
Soon to be- Peavey ultra 60 tube head
ClassicAxe-"Jackson doesn't make Soloists so Emo kids can come and sing about slitting their wrists.They make quality guitars."
Quote by jpetrucci5655
as much as i love their music, you are right

I like it too, but that doesnt change the fact of what they are doing.

Erm, yeah... Les Paul Supreme with EMGS. (now its not spam)

Quote by whatliesbeneath
Really? Why do I doubt a 14 yr old that is spouting out his ass?

Im 17, dickhead.

What is there to doubt about it? You cant doubt facts.

Why else continue to quit their thing and keep on and on about dime?
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
im looking forward to the new album more purely because they said they're taking more of an influence from john petrucci (using his sig 7 string and all), and petrucci pretty much pwns all.........

is it just me or do they're ascendancy album seem dated already, i mean every new band nowadays is kinda sounding the same....the crusades should be awesome though

it is definently goign to kick ass if they have been looking at petrucci's playing, he is an amazing guitarist.
i don't think ascendancy is outdated. i haven't heard of another band with this much melody and harmony in songs. most of the other metalcore bands i heard were screaming and playing riffs that don't sound as developed and well put together as trivium. that may just be because i haven't tried looking at other bands tho hehe.
Quote by jpetrucci5655
it is definently goign to kick ass if they have been looking at petrucci's playing, he is an amazing guitarist.
i don't think ascendancy is outdated. i haven't heard of another band with this much melody and harmony in songs. most of the other metalcore bands i heard were screaming and playing riffs that don't sound as developed and well put together as trivium. that may just be because i haven't tried looking at other bands tho hehe.

Check out Killswitch Engage...best melodic metalcore ever. Rapes trivium.
yea i guess yor right about their use of melody and harmony, oh well better get back on to subject before we get warned for spam......yea originally used gibson supreme with emg 81, 89
killswitch engage rules also. i have all their albums. but i just don't find them as melodic as trivium in say, the deceived's shurus or solos. the only songs i really really like from them are the end of heartache and this fire burns. the rest of their songs are great, but just not as much as those 2.
killswitch engage need solos.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
killswitch dont really need solo's, they're riffs more than make up for the lack of solo's....

no, they could use some solos. it would take them from great, to amazing
Listen Here NOOB, Just because they "Play Pantera songs" Doesn't mean they're trying to get to Pantera fans. I mean, lets say you were in their postion and Dime's wife gave you a couple of those guitars...What the **** would You do with them..Let them sit on your ****in wall? You play the **** out of them, YOU GOT HER ****IN BLESSING MAN, thats just like Dime giving you them himself, so what if they play Pantera songs, and they actually USE the gifts from the woman gave them. Your gona sit there and say, they're just trying to get a new fan base. UH HELLO DUMBASS, they really don't need it cause they already have a Huge fan base. So Say what you want NOOB, cause your ****in wrong.
yea i guess, but not completely go overboard on the whole shred side, like half a dozen solo's on an album would sound pretty cool, just not taking the p*ss.......although trivium solo's are cool, purely because they're memorable
word.

BigBagBill, you are an idiot. if dime's wife gave me guitars, i'd hang them proudly in a room or something, not play them onstage for them to get ruined by playing brutally. plus it's dime's wife who gave them away. don't mean to bash her, but it's his wife. not dime. i would understand if that dimes last words on his death bed were "play my guitars onstage", but its not. its about his wife not needing the damn guitar. now quit being a pussy and fudge off.
I dunno, I would definately have to play them man. They're just too gorgous to not play. But yea, I'm real excited to hear their new stuff, Its gona rock somethin fierce.

Hmmm de hum, Isn't a good solo...Memorable...?? lol
Last edited by BigBagBill at Jun 19, 2006,
Quote by jpetrucci5655
word.

BigBagBill, you are an idiot. if dime's wife gave me guitars, i'd hang them proudly in a room or something, not play them onstage for them to get ruined by playing brutally. plus it's dime's wife who gave them away. don't mean to bash her, but it's his wife. not dime. i would understand if that dimes last words on his death bed were "play my guitars onstage", but its not. its about his wife not needing the damn guitar. now quit being a pussy and fudge off.

Pwned.