Well, I've decided I want to learn how to play guitar. I have about a $200 budget to spend on a guitar (Already have a amp). Any reccomendations?
save up to like 5 or 7, then you can get a good guitar to start and grow into

EDIT or just get a strat knockoff
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
get an iabnez GSA60, best bang foryou buck, but you get an IBANEZ!!! plus its got areallythin neck good for beginers!
I think the second link is better. I like the finish more. But that's just me. I don't play guitar.
Proud member of The Bass Militia! PM IndieMetalhead to join!

Quote by Fast_Bear
You know your a Bassist when you practice near the ocean, and whales respond.
Quote by PenumbralFigure
I think the second link is better. I like the finish more. But that's just me. I don't play guitar.

Thanks for the help
Generally, Ibanez guitars are good starters. For your budget, I'd say the Ibanez Rg-120 is definitely worth looking into

This was my starter guitar, it's really great after it's been re-adjusted and re-stringed.
But remember, pick the guitar that you're most comfortable with and that appeals to you; you're going to be playing this instrument, if it looks nice, you'll be more motivated to play it.
Last edited by silvadolla at Jun 18, 2006,
agiles are pretty solid for the money but it's scary to order stuff without ever trying it out. my brother ordered off of rondomusic and liked what he got but you never know if you will enjoy the guitar as much as he did haha
a better idea would be to save up and get a good guitar that won't piss you off and discourage you from playing. My first guitar was a MIM Fender Strat (under $400). Its a good guitar for almost any level.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by silvadolla
Generally, Ibanez guitars are good starters. For your budget, I'd say the Ibanez Rg-120 is definitely worth looking into

This was my starter guitar, it's really great after it's been re-adjusted and re-stringed.
But remember, pick the guitar that you're most comfortable with and that appeals to you; you're going to be playing this instrument, if it looks nice, you'll be more motivated to play it.

I also started with an RG-120. I still like it. The only problem is the trem. It throws it out of tune if you use it too much. I suggest this or the GSA.
I would get a Squier '51. They feel pretty good and play well.

and to the a$$ hole that I know is going to say something of the sort, "Just because he's new to guitar doesn't mean you got to recomend a POS Squier", I'm not, its in his price range and its a well built Squier.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
I would get a Squier '51. They feel pretty good and play well.

I'm new to all this guitar stuff and I play a Squier '51, I've found it great and it looks pretty good too. I didnt want to spend too much on my first guitar and got mine for £130 (it didnt come with an amp or anything though) which I thought was reasonable.
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
I recommend:
That Dean VX
Ibanez G-series
Agile AL-2000/2500 <--I haven't played thesem but they're apparently great.

I'd avoid the Baby V, it's a little wussy, in looks as well as tone.
whatever guitar you get make sure it's comfortable to play like that V would be a bicth to play sitting and it'll be hard to move to a different style of guitar once you get used to the V
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Is it worth it just to move up the the 400 range? BTW, if this effects the choices at all, I mainly want to play Classic Rock.