i am thinking about buying this gibson sg:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-SG-Gothic-II-EMG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518933
but i need to know if its a good guitar for the money.
thanks
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
i was thining the same thing, but i am looking at some more opinions.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Well considering it got straight 10's, and it's only $1000 right now, I'd consider it good, and remember that you get what you pay for.
no...overpriced, if you are set on a hardtail look at a Gibson SG Menace , no EMG's bu tif you upgrade it's still cheaper, other companies, I'd look at a Schecter I played a Hellraiser FR at my local music store and good god that thing blew me away, but it was no match for my rig!!! But I dont play much metal
^^ It isn't overpriced - not compared to the price of guitars in general anyway...

It is a pretty good deal. It playas nice, sounds nice, has decent pickups, high quality wood, its built to last, what more could you want
look at that menace, it actually looks pretty Original, and it is only $799 what more could you want??? Slap some EMG's in there and save $100 with it, and it would look MUCH MUCH better than the Gothic
^^ Yeah you may be right, I've never played a menace, don't know what it is actually, so I can't say anything, I just know the gothics sound pretty damn good, compared to the gibson 650$ sg's
i heard menace's are terrible, but not everyone is correct. its just what ive heard from many many ppl
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal