Schecter Hellraiser FR
44 39%
Jackson RR5
34 30%
Ibanez RG1570
35 31%
Voters: 113.
Page 1 of 2
Out of these 3 guitars which would you rather have, and why?

Schecter Hellraiser FR ($800)
- Mahogany set-neck
- EMG 81/85
- Original Floyd Rose

Jackson RR5 ($1100)
- Alder/Maple neck-thru
- Seymour Duncan JB's
- string-thru-body TOM

Ibanez RG1570 ($750)
- Basswood/maple bolt-on
- ibanez pickups
- Edge Pro

What are Schecter necks like? Anyone know any measurements?
thin/thick, flat/round, slick/sticky?
How do they compare to Jacksons' and Ibanez'?

edit:
What does everyone think of the LTD Alexi 600?

It's the same price as an RR5, and is pretty similar, but has an OFR, 24 frets and only a bridge pickup, and is made in Korea as opposed to Japan (does this matter?)

The only thing that turns me away from this is the fact it's a sig.
Last edited by The 1 at Jun 20, 2006,
schecter necks are fat, and round. depending on the finish they may be slow or fast, but mine isnt quick at all.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
I'll get the Jackson simply just because it worths more haha!
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
^ Yeh and your an idiot.

Id say the ibanez because its the best for the price. Schecter necks are fat and slow, and that jackson is uncomfortable and overpriced.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
As sad as I am to say this, I'd get the Jackson. Unless you want so swap pickups, then the RG is better, but if we're just talking stock stuff, the Jackson is better, and RRs are really comfy IMO.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ Yeh and your an idiot.

Id say the ibanez because its the best for the price. Schecter necks are fat and slow, and that jackson is uncomfortable and overpriced.

Aww, be nice...
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
I'd get the Ibanez because I am used to their guitars. I have owned several and I like them a lot.
Glad to see some intelligence in this thread. And I mean the voters, not the posters.

RR5. Amazing looks (especially if you get the ivory one), Neck-Thru, great neck (not too fat like the schecter or thin like the Ibanez), great pups (unlike the Ibanez), no trem hassles. Unless you like that.
I would get the RR5 for two reasons...
1) the quality of it,
Its alder (Alder > firewood, i mean basswood)

2) Its String Thru, which means most stable tuning wise, and also the most sustain and IMO best tone

+) V shapes feel sooo good when you practice with them sitting down, its amazing
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Striketalonx
I would get the RR5 for two reasons...
1) the quality of it,
Its alder (Alder > firewood, i mean basswood)

2) Its String Thru, which means most stable tuning wise, and also the most sustain and IMO best tone

+) V shapes feel sooo good when you practice with them sitting down, its amazing

1) Mostly depending on the music, but for the most part, I'll take mahogany over alder anyday

2) Floyd Rose = Double Locking Tuning System = More tuning stability than string-thru with non-locking tuners. A lot more.

3) V shapes are both uncomfortable and ugly .

Hellraiser for the win: better wood and better pickups than the RG (and better paint jobs, but that's beside the point).

The threadstarter should be able to decide if they want a trem or not. I'd still take a normal Hellraiser over an RR5 though. EMGs kick the crap out of JBs, and I don't even play metal .

And for the people saying that Schecters have fat necks, do you have the hands of 5 year olds? I think my Schecter neck is almost too small .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The Ibanez is the best out of the group, though i like the feel of my schecter
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
RG1570 is worth $1000 FYI, the $750 is the musicians friend discount. Look at ibanezfules.com it tells you the value of all the guitars.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
i would get the RR5 but thats because ive tried it, the RG and a schecter (only an omen 6) and i thought the RR5 had the best neck which IMO is the most important aspect of a guitar

EDIT: basically im tryin to say get to a guitar store and try them out to make a decision
Quote by FacingUsAll
And for the people saying that Schecters have fat necks, do you have the hands of 5 year olds? I think my Schecter neck is almost too small .

Nope, i just think its fat compared to my ibanez neck. For shredding, my Ibanez is where its at, i guess that schecter would be okay for a sunday stroll in the park.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I'd take the schecter personally and thin doesnt mean fast, it depends on your preferance i actually prefer thicker necks...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
are all Schecter C-1 necks the same, because I've played a C1 blackjack so would the hellraiser be similar or the same?

Wow, the votes are even at the moment
RR5, no Floyd to piss me off.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Quote by redaxe
RG1570 is worth $1000 FYI, the $750 is the musicians friend discount. Look at ibanezfules.com it tells you the value of all the guitars.

Haha... The List price isn't the real value. The real value is one of two things: The cost to make it, or the price people are willing to pay. And NOBODY would pay $1000 for a 1570.
Quote by ClassicAxe
Nope, i just think its fat compared to my ibanez neck. For shredding, my Ibanez is where its at, i guess that schecter would be okay for a sunday stroll in the park.

absolutley not. my hellraiser with the set neckw/ ultra access is incredibly fast. please tell me you were playin a bolt on.
Go get your shovel.
^ It was a neckthru. Its all personal preference.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ It was a neckthru. Its all personal preference.

arite, i'll agree with you on the personal preference thing
Go get your shovel.
Rg 1570, without a doubt.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
RR...R..AREAREFIVE *skeets_on_screen*
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by smb
I'd rather have a neck-through than a set neck any day, and the RR does look good.

if you saw the neck on the hellraiser you'd think it was a neck thru, every time someone see's my guitar they always mistake the neck for being neck thru, when its really set. go check one out in a shop. the rr series from jackson are my favorite v style of guitars though
Go get your shovel.
Quote by Danno13
Haha... The List price isn't the real value. The real value is one of two things: The cost to make it, or the price people are willing to pay. And NOBODY would pay $1000 for a 1570.

I know a lot of Ibanez Fanboys who would pay $1000 for a 1570...
^^Australians have to pay around $1500 for a 1570, which works out to be around $1250 USD.
Quote by Sn^ke
^^Australians have to pay around $1500 for a 1570, which works out to be around $1250 USD.

yah, but you're forced to pay that (well, you know what I mean). I know a lot of Fan boys who would pay $1000 here in America, for the same guitar, possibly with a higher number, but as long as it reads Ibanez on the headstock
What does everyone think of the LTD Alexi 600?

It's the same price as an RR5, and is pretty similar, but has an OFR, 24 frets and only a bridge pickup, and is made in Korea as opposed to Japan (does this matter?)

The only thing that turns me away from this is the fact it's a sig.
^ Also has a trash EMG-HZ pickup..

And strike, stfu dude with ur fanboy ****.

Name one person whos not made up that would buy a 1570 for 1000$... thats just stupid and your way over exagerating. Just because someone is happy with a brands products doesnt make them a fanboy.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
It ends up all being personal preference... Although the specs of one guitar may seem better than those of another, you should decide on how you like em when you play em.. So go and try all of em out!

Id go with the ibanez over the jackson anyday... and i havnt played the schecter so cant give my opinion about that one.. But I think that both the ibanez and the schecters are good choices..
if you want a Tremolo, get the Hellraiser FR.
if not, get the orginal Hellraiser.
simple as that.

assuming you play relatively heavy music, the pickups will work off the bat, and better wood then the others.
ClassicAxe, it doesn't take much to do a pup swap. Personally I love the LTD 600. It's a pretty decent price for what it is, with killer looks. And i'm not an Alexi fanboy.

Also there's no way Alexi uses HZ's. At least not the ones we know. It seems almost impossible that his tone comes from that pickup.
i love the edge pro on the ibanez. really.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Sn^ke
ClassicAxe, it doesn't take much to do a pup swap. Personally I love the LTD 600. It's a pretty decent price for what it is, with killer looks. And i'm not an Alexi fanboy.

Also there's no way Alexi uses HZ's. At least not the ones we know. It seems almost impossible that his tone comes from that pickup.

His tone DOENST come from that pickup, i'd imagine his tone comes from his god knows $$$$$$$$$$$$$ rig. Racks, tube amps, etc etc.

He does use the HZ, its all marketing.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^no, he uses a gain booster on a passive. he doesnt like acitves, so he uses the HZ's. simple as that.
Page 1 of 2